QS motors

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The courier just dropped off these two motors. I ordered them direct from QS motors in China, only took a week to arrive from the factory. I've tried/researched/tested several motors over the last six years but these are the best quality I've seen yet. The 28H is rated for 800 watts continuous with peaks to 3k and the 50H will be a torque monster, it's rated for 3000 watts continuous and will take peaks of 12k watts. Looking forward to building these up, I've already started a project for the smaller one, stay tuned :thumbsup:

I built up a wheel with the smaller motor, likely going to run a Greentime 3000 watt 80 amp controller to compare to the other motors I've used up 'til now. I have a custom built 48 volt 30 amp/hr 50 amp cont./100 amp peak triangle battery coming in the next week to mount in a mtb frame for the street.
DSC_0409.jpg
Should be (relatively) light and fast. I'm going to save the 50H 'Hubinator' for the next full custom build.

Here is an article on these and similar motors. Right now I am testing out an Edge 1500W, it has a 35mm wide stator like the crystalyte, and the aluminum core to absorb temporary heat spikes. On flat land it should be able to take 52V X 60A, of course bigger copper mass in the 45mm MXUS and 50mm QS can take more power.

https://www.electricbike.com/large-hot-rod-hubmotors/

Latest posts

Back