Radioactive Heap '65 Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MBBO%20Finished%209_zpsut0c7lil.jpg

Much like my Wildcat this started as an ebay purchase this past Summer, I spent some time rounding up just the right parts and when I finished up the Murray I went to work on this one. A couple of ideas I had for this didn't work out but I'm still really happy with the result. I did decide not to use the 'Radioactive Heap' license plate, going with a Stingray one instead. After mounting the Heap plate I just didn't like the looks of it on this bike. The bars are from a '68 Fair Lady and have a set of NOS Hunt-Wilde grips. The rear tire is a NOS Goodyear Blue Streak that I bought here from another member, which I then painted the stripe on. I decided to use a front wheel/tire off a Fastback to try and give the illusion of an even fatter Slick on the rear. The sissy bar and seat are old Troxel parts.

Here are some alternate/detail shots...............

MBBO%20Finished%2019_zpse2dr8svm.jpg

MBBO%20Finished%2012_zpszounhmlb.jpg

And a couple of my two entries into this years MBBO...............

MBBO%20Finished%2017_zpsbm72lvgr.jpg

MBBO%20Finished%2018_zpsekssd0nk.jpg

Here's the link to my first entry in the build off, the Rat-ed X-65 Murray Wildcat.

And the link to my original Stingray thread: Radioactive Heap '65 Stingray

Really nice work on this! Your lay back sissy, the leopard seat, fastback wheel tire up front, and that Goodyear Blue Streak...:thumbsup:

You really achieved a customized - stock look to this build. And, for what it's worth, I really like that full profile of the bike up against the brick wall in the second pic.....:wink1:

That is an awesome job, the blue stripe tire really makes the bike pop!

Thanks guys! I got really lucky with the photos, the weather here has been really hit and miss the last week. I was hoping to use a friends garage to get some photos (he's got tons of vintage car parts including a couple of front engine dragsters) but the timing didn't work out. I had to wait until today to take the photos and I waited for the sun to come out until 12:30. It never did make an appearance but I couldn't hold out any longer. I loaded up the truck and drove downtown hoping there wouldn't be anyone parked in the way (I've used this spot for photos before). I got super lucky, there was about a ten foot space of empty curb, just out of view in the photos there is a big ugly window on the left and a tree in the middle of the sidewalk on the right. I did get a few strange looks as I wiped the bikes down and shot about 50 photos and even had one woman ask if they were for sale.

Oh man! That stingray is awesome. I love the blue line tire. That's excellent.

Latest posts

Back