Raleigh Chopper MK1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I picked this up yesterday. Paid too much I think, but I was thrilled with the extra tall back rest. I think that was a pretty rare piece on those. It's a 5 speed model and appears mostly original. Bought and owned right around my area. Cool.

Missing chainguard, and has broken shifter arm and console, and bent left crank arm. Also needs tires, pedals, and cables replaced. Needs a good cleaning but the chrome looks like it will come back real nice.

Any idea what this is worth as it sits?

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

It's not worth much maybe a few bucks..I can pick it up soon... :wink: No idea on value..Real nice find.. 8)

Hey Dan, cool find. Neat to see the Gamaches sticker on there. The green chopper that I have is missing the chainguard also. I was wondering about the twin stick shifter. Is 1 for a parking brake or is it like the 3+2 shifter?

Later
Dave.

The shorter knob is to lock the shift in place to hold it in gear after you shift the bike using the longer knob..
Daveyard said:
Hey Dan, cool find. Neat to see the Gamaches sticker on there. The green chopper that I have is missing the chainguard also. I was wondering about the twin stick shifter. Is 1 for a parking brake or is it like the 3+2 shifter?

Later
Dave.

Looks pretty bad, i think you should let me have Dat. lol I can't see how i'm having a hard time finding one when i'm canadian lol i have better luck finding american tank bikes then english bikes and canadian things. neat looking bike though, in that condition it would sell easly for maybe $200? if it was all working and cleaned up and what not maybe $400? I see them posted for more but they are always there listed and never sell lol

Latest posts

Back