Random Motivation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto "like" on the curvy supports. How long is this compared to your chopper in MBBO? Wheel base wise? Trying to picture you on this....

Yeah what's your overall length? Mines only 9'2" I'm pretty sure @deven_science Western Scraper is even longer.

[emoji450]L.

sent from a banana phone...

Ditto "like" on the curvy supports. How long is this compared to your chopper in MBBO? Wheel base wise? Trying to picture you on this....

Yeah what's your overall length? Mines only 9'2" I'm pretty sure @deven_science Western Scraper is even longer.

[emoji450]L.

If I remember correctly, draggins is 7'4" front to back.
I don't know exactly on this one, but think it's right around 10'.

My problem with riding will be feeling scrunched up on myself when I pedal, I think the BB is to far back. Will find out when I get that all together.
I also think it's going to pull to one side, the front headtube isn't perfect square.

I set my seat and pedals to where my foot is at the furthest extension, my knee is just bent a little and my seat is in the middle of it's adjustment front to back. Also when my feet are up like that, I have to be laid back, cuz my belly won't let me lean too far forward!

[emoji450]L.

I'm not sure how I'll set the bottom bracket, right now I have it placed in front of the rim I used for the front curve.
The seat won't be adjustable, so it all lies with BB placement.

I did take measurements, and I was off.
Draggins is 7'6", and this thing is 8'5".

Also got some pics of how the handlebars will fit.
859a28fe965a168755c876e6c5a7656c.jpg

b61f5d1ab5a42200d352aa240865a3b4.jpg

Here's the extra tube I welded in to prevent the frame from bending.
5f93296fcbdd7bf6eddd7e851a02e734.jpg

And the two racks I'll use for the seat, modified to work.
ac1a8fa4db67f23852fbe92e4b699ddb.jpg

a3c05db44cc8280622a7e144573caebd.jpg

Then the side by side of this and draggins.
31f924673d65dd41061dd6c79b7f758f.jpg

I think I'll be off work Tuesday, and it's supposed to be mid 50's. Maybe I'll get the steering linkage made.

Wow...way to let the impulse fly...looks like it will be fun to ride if you can get the bb in the right spot. Def watching this one.

I'm not sure how I'll set the bottom bracket, right now I have it placed in front of the rim I used for the front curve.
The seat won't be adjustable, so it all lies with BB placement.

I did take measurements, and I was off.
Draggins is 7'6", and this thing is 8'5".
9'2" wasn't my wheelbase it was out to out, tire to tire. Wheelbase would be less...
Are you running rods on just one side or both? When I was thinking of rods, I was imagining both sides. I think it's be more precise.

[emoji450]L.

Hey I just thought of something that might look pretty cool on your bike. Lace some spokes from the gusset at the head tube to the rim section in the frame. You'd have to put the nipples in backwards thru the rim, drill some holes in the gusset and probably have to bend and hammer your own butts at the gusset for the lengths you'd need. But a fanned out section of spokes in the open area would be slick.

Carl.

9'2" wasn't my wheelbase it was out to out, tire to tire. Wheelbase would be less...
Are you running rods on just one side or both? When I was thinking of rods, I was imagining both sides. I think it's be more precise.

[emoji450]L.
This is 8'5" front of tire to back of tire.
I'm planning two rods, because my OCD won't let me have just one.

Hey I just thought of something that might look pretty cool on your bike. Lace some spokes from the gusset at the head tube to the rim section in the frame. You'd have to put the nipples in backwards thru the rim, drill some holes in the gusset and probably have to bend and hammer your own butts at the gusset for the lengths you'd need. But a fanned out section of spokes in the open area would be slick.

Carl.
I like this idea, I'll have to measure and see what I have.

Got the steering rods done, I'll need two more 3/8 nuts to lock the all thread in place.
60886079aa311e990858f3a4efc98592.jpg

Sat down for a break,and I'm looking at this bike.
b8bdcc635e304a7a29d6634395ef5d5b.jpg

It looks like my chain line will go where I sit.

So I'm thinking I can cut the crank arms off the girls mt bike and put the rest in the rear bottom bracket, then run two chains.
If the sprockets will accept a single speed chain. It worked on my taxi chopper.

So I went ahead and cut the crank arms off the girls mt bike.
1f2393ace2ddbacde32e2beb3089ea12.jpg

That fit.

Then I used a derailer gear for a tensioner.
cfbc5a6a29d83c8a9f6d2b0c4e8e718a.jpg

Still needs work.

But I got the drive line set.
cd17fd668f1fedd6b767a345cc8cdf75.jpg

Need to get a half link.

But all in all it works, got the wheel turning. Now I have to make seat mounts.

A half link? Hey I got one...

Merle.

Latest posts

Back