Random Motivation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real recumbents often have actual bucket seats. We're kicked back sitting on our tailbones a bit more. On mine I have a wider gel pack springer seat from Schwinn. Devin's Western Scraper has an actual tractor seat, and it's wide too. I think you need something with a bit of width to cushion your sit bones...

Guitarl.

sent from a banana phone...

I think I'll angle the seat a bit to see if that helps, I'm currently running a big cushy Schwinn electric scooter seat. No springs.

If putting an angle to it doesn't help, then I'll figure something else out.

Carl, I tried the spoke deal.
f68a2cb510baeb56e029c83128a132df.jpg

The longest spokes I have at about 10.5", I'll have to get some from my LBS.

Also started a new project today, not for the build off; but I think it'll be nifty.

Carl, I tried the spoke deal.
f68a2cb510baeb56e029c83128a132df.jpg

The longest spokes I have at about 10.5", I'll have to get some from my LBS.

Also started a new project today, not for the build off; but I think it'll be nifty.
Rats! I was ready to see it. You know you could do a web with nylon cord even. That'd be pretty wild too.

[emoji450]

sent from a banana phone...

I have a conundrum, and need opinions.

My wife says I should paint this bike an outlandish color...That makes sense, because it sits so low.

My best friend says I should paint it metallic blue, but that's her favorite color.
Her husband, my other best friend says it's a rat rod; it doesn't need paint...

I agree with that.

So my thoughts are these.

Option A. Safety orange frame with safety green rims.

Option B. Leave it as is, cuz it tells a story.

What say you?

I added a derailer as a chain tensioner.
25f5e4b2c6adaa47cc13d80a0a4e9dca.jpg

Then angled the seat, and added the rails from the liner rack.
d73a8d7f50e54763ce416de4e5f58377.jpg

c907a4519568590b21e7492d562b8220.jpg
This may be your greatest creation yet, sir. There is something 'so wrong that it's right'...if you know what I mean? Kind of like a Picasso where it's recognizable, but the parts are in the wrong places, facing the wrong way, but it works, and fits. Love the look of this build!

This may be your greatest creation yet, sir. There is something 'so wrong that it's right'...if you know what I mean? Kind of like a Picasso where it's recognizable, but the parts are in the wrong places, facing the wrong way, but it works, and fits. Love the look of this build!
Thanks, I'm just trying to use what I have on hand. I was stumped on a tensioner, then I had this idea while digging through the pile out back.

As far as a greatest creation, I'm hoping that's my Falstaff flyer build.

Thanks, I'm just trying to use what I have on hand. I was stumped on a tensioner, then I had this idea while digging through the pile out back.

As far as a greatest creation, I'm hoping that's my Falstaff flyer build.
Have I seen the Falstaff Flyer build? Or is that in the future?

It turns out that if you mount a mirror designed to fit a round handlebar to a blade fork without using a lock nut, it can vibrate loose and fall into your front wheel.

796f1fd28457f7c3ac5e11b6075ae5f3.jpg

No damage to the wheel, and I have plenty spare mirrors. Might try it again.

It turns out that if you mount a mirror designed to fit a round handlebar to a blade fork without using a lock nut, it can vibrate loose and fall into your front wheel.

796f1fd28457f7c3ac5e11b6075ae5f3.jpg

No damage to the wheel, and I have plenty spare mirrors. Might try it again.
Ouch! Yeah, prob lotso vibration in that fork. Rubber shock washers?

Latest posts

Back