RAT BIKE RODEO OCT 25 GALT CA pictures and videos MUST WATCH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RAT BIKE RODEO OCT 25 GALT CA tomorrow !!!!!!!!!

i really am humbled that you guys are willing to help me out with this event. i am going to grab a bunch of condoments although i think we got the ketchup covered :lol: i think the dogs will be good as well so i will grab hamburger stuff, chips, soda, extension cord for the stereo, and some other stuff. if we have too much thats fine i am sure we can figure out how to divy it up at the end. to all remember the events will start at one with the barrel race, so all wanting to compete i sugest you show up a bit early to practice. after that the slow drags, then skid contest, if we have enoughtime a short cruise, eat, then awards and sit around and tell stories bs and do whatever else comes to mind. it gets dark around 6 so we need to get all the comps in before that. also i brought some stuff from the shop not much but stuff i thought you guys would be interested in. i had to keep room for the galt town hooligan in the car lol. and i am basicly feeling 100% so bring your A game. again i cant thank you all enough for helping out this has been a group effort and it will show thanks from the bottom of my heart.

im soooo excited bout tomorrow .everything has come together nicely if u ask me.im more then happy to help with gathering of food and supplies. i do believe that greg wants to show up early so we can help adam with any setting up or food prep. or anything else . i hope i can sleep tonight like a lil kid waiting for Christmas morining haha see you all there

p.s . i dont know if anyone thought about napkins in all the commotion but i thought it would be good idea if someone got some.like greg said we got plates and silverware
-andrea

im gonna have to sit this out......got hit with the flu but just let me know who gets the oldest bike and slow race trophies and ill swing them by college after i get over this :cry:
please take alot of pics(if for some reason i feel good enough ill swing by to drop them off....ill let you guys know for sure tomorrow morning) since it looks like thats the only way ill see this

darn, I'm sorry that you are feeling bum, hope that you get better soon, always like seeing and talking to you, take care, will try to get some pics for you,

great pics zoso i will upload mine i have a lot of videos. i wish i had gotten more pics of the barrel race but i sorta got caught up in the moment. and for those who are wondering mr esera (dude i probably just mangled your name) took first in the barrel race with a time of 23.32 seconds. there was only one other ridder able to dip into the 23 sec range and that was my nephiew hawkeye. he went 23.82 his first time out very impressive for a bike with a raked front end. 3rd place was zoso positing an amazingly fast 24.44 considering he did that time on his ross chain bike (cycle truck.) for the record my best was 26.92 i think i ended up 17th lol. the slow drags were a shock as there was some smack talking about esera being able to track stand forever but nope it was fireproof on his schwinn spoiler chopper and he was at least 10 feet behind everyone all the way down the track and even after everyone had passed the finish line he continued to go slow. then there was the skid contest..........more to come

And Some more[img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/rodeo033.jpg[/img][img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/rodeo037.jpg[/img]Oooooopsss!! catastropic failure, the fork NOT THE WELD broke :wink: [img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/rodeo023.jpg[/img][img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/rodeo024.jpg[/img][url
rodeo007.jpg
][/url][img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/rodeo016.jpg[/img][img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/rodeo018.jpg[/img][img]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/holyrollin72/rodeo013.jpg[/img]

Yeah I can't believe I was in 3rd in the barrel race with the cycle truck, not too shabby. Only four got into the 24's or below :D

Got 4th in the slow drag too. I would have given the skid comp a try, but by rear hub/brake is being funny.

Had a good time and looking forward to next year's event. Thanks again to Adam for taking this on, hosting it etc. Hopefully it didn't put you into too big a a $ hole hosting.

looks like a great time........
well ive got a trophy for you fireproof and im guessing olschbp took the oldest ride?
as soon as im not house ridden ill swing those down for you guys(still waiting for conformation on the old timer though....i just saw the hawthorne and assumed)
thanks for posting the pics guys and congrats to all the winners

Looks like a fun time and lots of cool bikes. And warm.(I woke up camping and it was 23 degrees).

....this is the continuation from before. the skid contest was hottly contested everyone was given a 5 min practice perions because of the odd lay out. all racers came in at an angle from the gravel to the driveway hit the line and skiiiiddddd. in practice mike s. did one of the coolest skids i have ever seen starting with a fishtail ending in a full on one 180 turn all the while never putting a foot down. ezra (i think i got it right now) was putting down some mean style skids then there way ray... he brings out the new bike does a good skid but the brake strap breaks. i tell him to go snag one off one of my junk bikes and he says ok. as i turn away and he picks up the front end and it just sorta all fell apart. i have a great video of him expalaining the whole thing it is priceless. THEN he brings out one of his other choppers and comes in at a really abrupt angle hits the brake and it instantly snaps back the other way heading towaqrds the fence and just sorta laid it down. and ray i have that run on video it is awsome!!!. but the winner was mark (teds brother) on ted's old skool rat stingray. not only was he putting down the longest skids, his style was great too ending in a wheelie of sorts. there was some argument as to who should win but in the end i did agree that mark put down some sick skids and we made him do a victory skid which i got on video and is sooo funny you will have to wait and see it i cant even explain it. then we did the al award which was his personal fave and he gave it to ref of the chopaderos iron cross bike. andrea was next with the chick bike award which was given to ted's ummm i think gf? but i forget her name sorry ted . more to come......

Thanks again for a great time Adam! what a blast! i think i held onto a top 10 finish in the barrel race, and came in 2nd in the slow drag. thought i won that until i looked over my shoulder and saw FireProof on a full out chopper! he must have been 6 feet behind me!
what a great time! next year we'll have to go all out and find a way to top this shin-dig
THANKS AGAIN!!

Hello All, This is Junior... or J-LUV... Vice Pres. of the Chopaderos Nomad Chapter... I want to thank you all for your Hospitality, Comradery, and the over all Goodtimes we all shared on Sunday.... Thank you for the "Travellin Rat" Award... It was honor for me and my Club Brothers to be able to join you guys. We look forward to seeing and participating in your future events. The Chopaderos are always Happy to make new friends with like minded folks of the custom bike culture. I have some really great pics to post, But unfortunately I lost the download cable some- where between Galt and San Diego.... So after I buy one from Best Buy in the next few days I wont be able to post any...

Once again, Thank You all who participated and put on this event... If you are ever in San Diego feel free to look me up... The best places to contact me is at http://www.myspace.com/bulletproofbikes or http://www.myspace.com/juniorlove or even http://www.chopaderos.com

Take care my friends...
Junior

here are some more pics from the rat rod rodeo
1007306.jpg

1007305.jpg

1007302.jpg

1007301.jpg

1007300.jpg

1007299.jpg

hahaha hawkeye u put ur butt in my picture i put ur butt on the internet foreveryone to see :lol:
1007297.jpg

1007285.jpg

1007284.jpg

1007281.jpg

1007270.jpg

1007268.jpg

1007267.jpg

1007265.jpg

1007262.jpg

1007257.jpg

1007253.jpg

1007250.jpg

1007243.jpg

1007242.jpg

1007240.jpg

here are the pics i took sorry i did not take more i was running around all day stupid half of it with a bull horn in my hand that was loaned out by vulture and a huge thanks to that cause even with it my voice was done at the end of the day. here ya go

rodeo001.jpg

this was the line up along the driveway early in the morning.
rodeo003.jpg

then along the fence wow there were a lot of bikes then more came later with the chopaderos showing up
rodeo002.jpg

out mini car show with al's big block powered panel, my ranchero, and 50 shoebox, then tom's 64 chevy long bed hiding in the back
rodeo004.jpg

if you are wondering about the motorcycle that is greg fellow bike guy who had to do other things that day but zoomed up from lodi to check it out. i told him he could run it in the barrle care if he pushed it :lol:
rodeo005.jpg

rodeo006.jpg

rodeo007.jpg

hardware
rodeo008.jpg

i love this picture and think is should be in the gallery
rodeo009.jpg

ezra the man rocking the barrels made almost everyone look slow
rodeo011.jpg

this is the start of the slow drag. originally we were going to do it two at a time then when we started running behind we just decided to toss every one in the arena at the same time for what i think was the largest number of bikes in a single slow drag.
rodeo012.jpg

rodeo013.jpg

slow drag winner mark i am still amazed

Latest posts

Back