Rat Fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contrats on the recent pick up! I wouldn't mind owning a Fink myself and am always on the look out for a good deal.

I really like how "El_Jozir" changed up his white Fink with all he has done including the lower bars:
DSCN6029.jpg

And I know it's not a Fink, but it's the same/similar type Electra frame and also like the drag straight bars look that "paulius1120" put on his Electra Ghostrider:
006.jpg

003.jpg

They work well with this frame since it swoops up so high at the neck area where the bars go, so it appears you wouldn't be leaning over too much (if any).

-Tony

Hey, I just picked up a second hand Fink less then 2 weeks ago. I had never even ridden a "chopper" type bike until after buying this thing. I've always thought these bikes would be somewhat uncomfortable, and inefficient for longer journeys. I was wrong! At first, my plan was to put lower bars on, because I thought it would look cooler, but after riding for a bit, I'd say the tall bars are staying.

Being 6 ft tall, and with the seat adjusted for "proper" leg extension, this thing is so frigging comfortable (can you say "3 speed Barcalounger"), it has no right to be efficient. But I've found out with the semi-recumbent riding position, and being able to lean back, a bit, and applying a pulling force on the handlebars while pedaling, I can transfer more pedaling force then any other bike I've ever ridden. For me, this thing is geared too low, overall, as I'm finding myself staying in top gear for most of my riding, even on some pretty good inclines. I'm wanting to gear this thing higher, but I'll most likely just install a Nexus 7. I have a couple other cruisers with Nexus 7's, and I love those things!

I'd still like to try lower bars, someday, but I'm not in a big hurry to do so. I'm figuring they'd force me to lean a bit more forward, and I'll loose not only comfort, but also efficiency. At age fifty, my body appreciates both. Looking "cooler" is fine, but if a bike doesn't fit you properly, you may not enjoy riding it, as much, or at least not get very far, on it. I've also noticed that many Ghostrider owners have replaced their stock low bars, with monkey bars. I guess it's the same old story. Whatever works best for you, and forget what others think.

Here's my Fink, on the day I first brought it home:

890132213_9a6Sb-L.jpg

olschbp said:
here-s mine with the Electra TT bars, really love em,
0424090939-01.jpg

Olschbp, that looks very nice, indeed!! I never could decide whether I preferred the silver or the orange rims, on these Finks, but your Fink certainly is a strong argument for silver. I like that seat, too. Been wanting to change mine to something like what you have, there. What is it, and where did you get it? Do those forks "feel" any heavier then the stock ones?

Also, I see that Electra has started routing the shifter cable through the down tube. Anybody know what year they started doing this to the Stream Ride series?

900258845_AhGmK-L.jpg

Latest posts

Back