Rat Rod HotWheels from Germany!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom breeds labradoodles(for more infoe go to her site http://www.pinelodgelabradoodles.com) and sells %90 of them to holland which requires her to make frequent trips to Europe. On her last trip, my father and her also went to germany where my father found this. I have owned 2 fastbacks and a squareback, and it is a ratrod. It says racche der ratt on the back too. I thought it was pretty rad. It's bigger than most Hot Wheels. Don't know if it's worht anything other than my parents bought it for me and thought of me(which is cool), but I've never seen another one like it. :mrgreen:
3249050471_a637a867a1_b.jpg

3249050551_3695398ea8_b.jpg

3249050655_ef2b530b57_b.jpg

Those bring back memories, while living in San Diego in the early 90's i bought a canary yellow 1969 square back, it had been a former "show car", nothing serious though i'm certain. The PO had installed light up toggle switches for everyting (initially that was cool but over time became a real annoyance), husrst shifter, aluminum dish wheels, rear shocks were air, so i could bleed them out and put the car abotu 2" off the ground. It liked to go sideways on wet pavement a lot. The carbs were a little oversized which was kind of fun. When you punched it on the highway it would cough, sputter, complain and then launch (not recommeded on rainy days, see above). You could fit an amazing ammount of stuff in the back though. Had that rig for about 1-1/2 years and that was the end of my air cooled VW romance. much happier with H2O cooled now.

Latest posts

Back