RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini-Studebaker Quad

Started to glue together the four quarter panel pieces. I used JB Weld for the first one, but then my wife found some glass/smooth surface glue that she had, and that seems to be working pretty well. It's much cleaner looking, as well. One side is very tweaked, so I might have trouble gluing that last side. I'm giving it all 24 hours to harden, then I'll try that last connection. I might have to vice or clamp it together.
IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

Here's my entry old ghostbusters ambulance I turned in to a remote control car. Using just the body and the drag frame.

Welcome aboard @chopperbob ! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!

Mini-Studebaker Quad

Got the body all glued together, shortened the axles to put the wheels under it, and even narrowed the bumpers, and glued them on. I had to cut apart the rear, and re-glue it to work, but that allowed me to get rid of some of the JB Weld that was visible (not that it matters much, as it'll all be painted).
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG

Now, this is mainly being built as a little diorama display on the car at shows, so I don't really need the wheels to roll. If I just secure them in place, it'll be really easy. If I want them to be able to roll, I'll have to figure out some whole under framework. Not sure which way I'm going to go yet.

I've got to make/find a seat and steering wheel. The model came with neither, so I'm not sure where I'm going to get them from.

Remind me of the Doublemint twins on the old commercials. The good old days when every other ad wasn't a pharm ad talking about the 7 ways the side effects could kill you.

RATINENTAL
MOCK UP #2
GONNA DETAIL INTERIOR
CUT OUT STATION WAGON BED
DETAIL ENGINE. I'M ONLY USING PAINT PENS AND BRUSHES. (How do you make a bold letter heading?!?)
20201007_170339_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

As Falstaff said, that B on the menu bar above where you start your comment stands for bold. Just touch the B and the words you type next will be in bold. Then touch the B again, and it will return to regular text. :thumbsup:

As Falstaff said, that B on the menu bar above where you start your comment stands for bold. Just touch the B and the words you type next will be in bold. Then touch the B again, and it will return to regular text. [emoji106]
I don't have that menu...????

I don't have that menu...????

Jake, I see you are using Tapatalk on your phone. I don't use that, I just use my Chrome browser to navigate RRB. So I'm not sure if that affects what you see or not. But on my personal computer, my Kindle Fire, and my Android phone, I see the exact same little menu bar right above where I type my comment. Here's a screen shot of this exact message:

jakesensimessage.jpg

That's the menu bar I am referring to. It's not a huge deal. Maybe just start each of your progress posts on your build with your build title in ALL CAPS and then the rest in regular text.

Latest posts

Back