rat rod stingrays

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a schwinn stingray i bought off of my friend for 50 bucks about 2 years ago....i have asked around and come to find out that it is basically a rat-rodded lowrider bike...especially because of the rims...it has alot of spokes...im guessing around 50 or 60 but i havent counted...it also has a lowered springer fork na d a purple velour banana seat...i did see a paint chip down by the crank and it was purple then blue then the flat black it is now. i also know its a repro frame because it isnt braized like the originals were...heres a pic
l_24116580d41949d4ae8c7524aa6697a5.jpg

if you have a rat rodded stingray...please post pics...i wanna see what i can relly do to this thing to make IT REALLY RATTY! -TEETSBOY95

Its a BRATZ bike.

I've bought 3 of them for less than $40 clams (All Cherry Original)

I built a SLAMMED Competition LowRider and 2 16"-20" "Grape Krates" out of them.

I'll buy every Bratz bike I can find around here.

67 stingray found in the trash, start to finish. (my first project) i just love rustling schwinn feathers. :lol:

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

i would have left it that way, but i sold it to a friend who wanted something a little more glamours.

done_0066-1.jpg

The girl in the pic actually made all the cloths for my pin up bike shoots.
She's very 80's metal and started a clothing company that produces cloths outta vintage metal tee's
If i'm not mistaken, she's been doing some work for Kat, from l.a. ink.

icyuod2 said:
She's very 80's metal and started a clothing company that produces cloths outta vintage metal tee's

Very cool! As someone who was in High School and College in the 80's, I'm officially a fan!

RestoRodSchwinn said:
icyuod2 said:

Very cool! As someone who was in High School and College in the 80's, I'm officially a fan!
then feast your eyes on this. http://www.etsy.com/shop/toxicvision

Maybe a better title would have been "Rat Rod Muscle Bikes". Got one of those, last years BO bike.

fnl07.jpg

But, that's a real, honest to goodness Krate 5spd real wheel. In all it's ratty glory.

Cool subect;
Here's mine ,found this buried in a local barn ,old guy of 77 years said he built this in the 70's and used it to ride to town,and it had been in ther all this time after checkin the serial # discoverd it's a 1964 schwinn, note; the homemade seat post and extended forks, cool piece of ratrodbike history..

1017091804a-1.jpg

im loving the posts everybody!!!! but i didnt know mine was a BRATZ bike!!! it makes me wonder why they would choose such a canvas like a boys stingray for a girly BRATZ doll marketing tool? this is what one looks like...
CDfj9gB2kKGrHqJjIE0HI2lVUBNOyBDlpQg_3.jpg

Yeah but a little paint, few part swaps, an old Schwinn head badge, a shifter, Maybe some new decals, and you can relive your childhood without spending an arm and a leg.

Thanks guys, I need this. A couple of months ago I got a great deal on a set of white 20" s-7 wheels. Looks like I need to build a bike around them.

Latest posts

Back