RAT ROD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if hes a monk follower too. :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

I may be the newbie here but thanks for the site, I have loved "Rat Rod" bikes since I was a kid and still riding today. I love it because it doesn't take a lot of money to have a nice looking ride just creativity and a little patience.

Well done Steve. I really enjoy the site and building my own "Rat-Rod" bikes. I'm also glad to hear about your mission work and faith. Keep up the good work and God Bless!

This is a very nice bike sight I really love it! Amen on doing it for the Lord!!!! :D

I come from a great Christian back ground.

just a quick chime in...

I'm from Sydney, Australia and I too am a Christian. In fact I work full time planting a new church in a new housing development.
http://www.ropescrossingchurch.anglican.asn.au/

Bike are also a cheap way for me to exercise some of my hotrodding frustration. This forum is great. Thanx for all the work to get it up and running.

reverendrally said:
just a quick chime in...

I'm from Sydney, Australia and I too am a Christian. In fact I work full time planting a new church in a new housing development.
http://www.ropescrossingchurch.anglican.asn.au/

Bike are also a cheap way for me to exercise some of my hotrodding frustration. This forum is great. Thanx for all the work to get it up and running.

Very cool! Welcome. My wife's cousin, her husband, and kids are missionaries in Australia, sponsored by Wycliffe Bible Translators.

tHANKS FOR SETTING UP THIS SITE! I just joined today and have no idea how to post anything. i dont know if this message will be read but if so i need help. :|

well you need help, thats what were here for! post something in the how to section. 8)

Great site cant wait to post some cool rides.....cudos out there for the guy who got me to this site with a 1960s little 500 bike.I just started collecting those.Your dad would be proud those bikes are loved.

new too rat rod bike
love the art side
and the custom work
:D :D Great site
hope to have many hours of fun
thanks Dan Ks roadmaster

This site has me stoked to build a full custom rat rod bike!! I'm sure the wife will be thrilled! Her 1938 Ladies Schwinn Excelsior is likely to go on the back burner. Thanks so much for stepping out and filling the void!

Just joined the site. Have been lurking for a while, love the bikes, have parts to build some of my own. Just need some time. I do have a question. Anybody got any info on a 1970's Sears Spyder 24 inch with single speed bendix coaster hub? Picked one up today for $10 and wondered what it's worth?

Re: 1969 Schwinn Pea Picker Original

Hello!

I found this site as I was searching for a place to sell my bike. I have a vintage 1969 Schwinn Pea Picker (krate) completely original including the tires. It has been stored upside down to keep the weight off the tires. I'm a bit apprehensive about selling it but we are selling my parent's home in Michigan and I would have to ship it to me. I thought maybe it's time to give up my treasure and let someone else enjoy this wonderful bike. Does anybody have any idea where is the best place to advertise this aside from Ebay?

Hello everyone, my name is Bryan Felt and I am a bikeahollic!!!

I never realized how hard that would be. It wasn't till I found this website that I recognized my illness and that there are many others afflicted. I am looking forward to checking out every posting on this website to feed my addiction and find a high yet to be achieved.
My first taste of the drug was started in the latter '50s with a Western Flyer which ended up being crushed under my paper route. Varsity 10 speed (reason for the route), then a '60s Typhoon with heavy paperboy rack and ape hangers. Later, I moved on to a late '70s Spitfire.
Now there is:
Huffy 18 sp frame that was modified to fit 24 x 3 wheels and tires with coaster brake hub and motorcycle type forks.
Specialized Rock Hopper with 20 x 4.25 wheels and disc brakes.
Diamondback with 24 x 3, 5sp w/drum brake rear hub and drum brake front
Diamondback with 24 x 4.25 rear with 7 sp derailer and 24 x 3 front, disc brakes and motorcycle type forks again.
Univega 21sp (stocker),
Aluminum framed 20 x 3 wheels with discs
Cantilever frame with 24 x 3's on coaster brake for cruising.
All started life with 26" wheels. There are also 2 early Schwinn BMX bikes hanging in the garage (sons' bikes) Scrambler's I believe.

Am I confused??? I'd say 'YES', but it would probably be the drugs talking.

Stoked to have this type of forum, I can relate to the cool hobby of building a bike and havin that DIY kustom look. Who wants a mass prod. bike anyway....no personality. I have a 1960 Ford pickup that is one of a kind with all the kustom touches! I just moved to AZ and bought 2 cheap bike to cruize....JC Higgins and Hiawatha for cheap. They are 60's styled bikes and I'm stoked to share ideas and designs with others!
Keep it cool and enjoy the ride!! 8)

Just logged in from nj
aint too good at computers but have many bikes/parts to sell and share what I put together
couldnt get to post an intro
couldnt figure it out
maybe you can help me? thanks
joe

This is the best forum on the web, A great place to hang out away from all the arguing and Cyber snobs on the web, let the other forums keep them. This place feels like family, all great people here, helpful and encouraging. Keep up the good work and may this place only grow larger and may it stay forever like it is now.

Newb here. Where do we post our bike pics ? :?:
i have a Schwinn heavy duti refurbed . I'd like to post the before and after process.
Is there a part like on bmxmuseum where i can just post my stuff in my profile ??
thanks

RIDE YER BIKE :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back