Rat Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started the build of my pre WWII 20" Rat Tracker. This is just a mild mock up for now. I have a sweet little 2 D cell battery tube coming in that I am going to mount across the handlebars like the old Acetelyne tanks on motorcycles during the teens. The headlight will be a small tea cup style mounted in front of the steer tube. I am also going to weld truss rods to the fork like the girder forks back in the day. This is going to have an authentic Indian head badge and the rims will be painted the same color as the frame. All plating will be nickle. The seat will be recovered in brown leather with Indians stamping. Still deciding on the paint, but it will be vintage style, probably dark Indian red with fine gold pinstriping.

SB
http://www.antiquebikeparts.com/greg/Rattracker01.jpg

Seat is just sitting there for mock up. The only part of the seat that will be used is the pan. It will be bolted with rear struts and a front bolt like the board trackers did. Since this bike is going to have so few parts on it, I am really going to focus on the details. This will not be a fast build, but a very detailed build done with incredible detail that will be well worth the wait.

SB

I love the looks of the seat like that. I wish I could do that to some of my bikes, but I'm too tall. I could never ride them like that, unless I wanted to stand up the whole time.

Latest posts

Back