Ratgirl (now Petal Power)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting to take a bunch of these junk bike parts I have and make something useful. So I decided on a little yard art flower planter thingy for my wife for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, I didn't get it done yet.

Anyway, this afternoon I started throwing stuff together and came up with this...
20180512_142948.jpg

Kind liked the stance with the 26" front wheel and 24" rear, but figured my wife wouldn't understand. LOL
So next I had this...
20180512_165502.jpg

Black and purple! It's Ratgirl!
Hmmm... a little more work and some bat accessories and I'd have another build-off entry! But my wife wouldn't have her planter would she?
So next I came up with this...
20180512_173626.jpg
Bars and seat off an old stationary bike. Seat has no springs and barely any padding. Might set a shallow pan on it with water for a birdbath. Probably hang a couple of hanging plants off the bars. After flower season I will no doubt need to come up with a better idea for the "saddle bags" for flowers and will put out an improved version next spring.
Next comes a solid white paint job. Tires, pedals, bars, seats, everything. Monochromatic white. Then wired to a fence post to keep it from falling over.
More pictures when it's all done. Maybe tomorrow...

Don't want to be a downer, but bikes painted all white are usually "ghost bikes." The GhostBikes.org website explains as follows:
"Ghost Bikes are small and somber memorials for bicyclists who are killed or hit on the street. A bicycle is painted all white and locked to a street sign near the crash site, accompanied by a small plaque. They serve as reminders of the tragedy that took place on an otherwise anonymous street corner, and as quiet statements in support of cyclists' right to safe travel."
I've seen these in the New York City area.

Had never heard of that. Had we known we would've painted it another color. Just figured white would best show off the colors from the flowers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back