RRBBO13 Ratillac.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, the stance is onit.:thumbsup:
Bars look much better, & not as intrusive to the rider.
(Well,fat boy anyway).:21:

how about : a dragging license plate style heavy metal placard, hung with chains...Constantly dragging ? :39:

Now, the stance is onit.:thumbsup:
Bars look much better, & not as intrusive to the rider.
(Well,fat boy anyway).:21:

how about : a dragging license plate style heavy metal placard, hung with chains...Constantly dragging ? :39:
I like it, maybe a car club style placard.

Have you thought about a set of felby bars from @karfer67 ?
I think the styling would flow so well with this body.

Got the seams all sanded down, and got rid of that SU.
20180516_114659.jpg
20180516_114705.jpg
20180516_115914.jpg

Now a little touch up and I'll be ready for paint.

Before you do any priming or painting make sure that you clean the fiberglass with something like acetone to remove any wax or mold release left behind from the molds. Also lightly sand the gel coat until you get a dull finish for better adhesion.

Before you do any priming or painting make sure that you clean the fiberglass with something like acetone to remove any wax or mold release left behind from the molds. Also lightly sand the gel coat until you get a dull finish for better adhesion.
I'm just studying up on that.
Can I use plastic primer or regular grey, or should I use adhesion promoter?

Falstaff,
Not sure what/how you’ll be painting it, but if you are rattle canning it.
I used a Rustoleum product called ‘Universal Bonding Primer’ it went on very smoothly and it’s white, so it doesn’t impact the color coat as much as gray or red oxide.
Bought it at Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falstaff,
Not sure what/how you’ll be painting it, but if you are rattle canning it.
I used a Rustoleum product called ‘Universal Bonding Primer’ it went on very smoothly and it’s white, so it doesn’t impact the color coat as much as gray or red oxide.
Bought it at Walmart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rustoleum is what I'll be using, I've got a couple cans of that white primer.

It doesn't matter what type of primer you use as long as it's cleaned and sanded good first. Polyester primer is best if you really want a show car finish.

Thanks, I'm good on sandpaper and most of the paint. Just have to make a stop at hobby lobby.

Latest posts

Back