RRBBO13 Ratillac.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the hub motor and controller on.
20180504_143540.jpg

Now I just have to discover a way to hide all the wiring and stuff.:39:

Moto bike tire on a 20" bike rim? or a whole moto wheel? I know a lot of the e-bikers have gone that route for bomb-proofing and flat-proofing given the higher speeds.
Gonna look tough. :showingbiceps:

I'm thinking big ol Caddy fins to hide the wires.

Moto bike tire on a 20" bike rim? or a whole moto wheel? I know a lot of the e-bikers have gone that route for bomb-proofing and flat-proofing given the higher speeds.
Gonna look tough. :showingbiceps:
The wheel came off a little ebike for kids, the tire is just temporary. I'm gonna use white walls.

The big problem now, is the rear wheel slides out of the frame when I try to ride it.
Doesn't matter how tight I turn the axle nuts, it just falls out.

The big problem now, is the rear wheel slides out of the frame when I try to ride it.
Doesn't matter how tight I turn the axle nuts, it just falls out.

Use some of the grooved axle washers and see if that helps

Use some of the grooved axle washers and see if that helps
It has these odd washers.
20180504_154929.jpg

That tab is supposed to lock in the drop outs, but the slots are bigger than the tab and it just turns loose.
I can't figure out how to remove the one on the wire side without cutting the wires.

Is the thickness of the tab thicker than the dropout? Maybe you can file it down

No, it's the opposite. The dropouts are wider than the tab.
But I have a schwinn frame that will work, if I have the headset and BB bearing cups.

Sounds like you are bottoming that tab out. Had that problem with a Sturmey washer on a Huffy.

Was hoping for an electric scoot when I saw the motor but not sure what you're got planned....interesting...:39:

I’ve got the frame off my first rat bike if you’d like it. It was a Huffy Santa Fe (precursor to the Cranbrook)
7f24369baf5126e04842e1193ae96f25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, but the schwinn frame is working.
Don't worry Doc, I'll finish this one. I know you're dying to see it.

Success
20180504_193142.jpg

Motor fits, and doesn't fall out of the frame.
Bad news, I went for a test ride and the crank loosened up and tried to come out of the bottom bracket. That of course bent the crap out of the sprocket, good thing I'm not using it.

All that said, is there anyone on the site that can teach me how to put a bike together? I'm obviously a rookie.:headbang:

@Falstaff , my beer-named thespian; plan a trip to the beautiful Northland, and we can commence bike building school in the BACK40. :grin:

Lots of cool bike paths, beautiful metro lakes, and a little river we call the Mississippi to visit here as well.
Just throwin' it out there.

Latest posts

Back