RRBBO13 RATLINER ( tail lights, more sprockets, titanium and she is done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear seat stays were a challenge to figure out.
c1e5fb2d88ca1d33e6d1b7867e38e06f.jpg
c7b9665497e63c80f7832208ae7a2bdf.jpg
f7f301d4e8c2eba8314ccd46d30fdf54.jpg
b36d104294d858d52a65d6eef7c4a1e5.jpg
84196c6e3f49a437c3108ff4f551133d.jpg
7ad6ea522fec304076531586d5f6f697.jpg
7b13356c940390846b0a9eed9b2c7b95.jpg
e99ea25809edb23133c90cc108ad1adb.jpg
63c1edfa819c928147f82d275b0ad531.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Totally a unique and one of a kind build. So many curves and lines, but it all works. It is like following the curves of a trombone or saxophone or mad headers. Sweet music brother! The best part is you grinning from ear to ear in the pics.

Thanks guys yea it has a lot of curves and it was a challenge to make it not look so spaghetti but still function. I'm nowhere near done still have fenders to do, and the bars and fork were just for testing. I have something much more extreme in mind

Thanks to those who have commented and pushed me to get this beast this far. Now time to make her look kool...

It's not fair parking it next to the soccer mom van,
then saying you're going to make it look kool.
Cuz it's already one up on the van...:giggle:
Unique ride brother I like it's kool as is!

Carl

I agree with TRM, looks cool already! I actually really like the bars on this. Just curious, how much clearance on those pedals to the street? Looks tight, and I mean that literally and figuratively! :bigsmile:

Oh it's tight. If you lean wrong they will hit. So I'm going to dig through my stuff and find a 5 1/2 inch crank. I need to find a taller rear tire as the drop outs ended up getting mounted a bit lower than I had originally intended.
I agree with TRM, looks cool already! I actually really like the bars on this. Just curious, how much clearance on those pedals to the street? Looks tight, and I mean that literally and figuratively! :bigsmile:

Yeah, a taller tire and that 5 1/2" crank should do it. The tubing design is ultra cool! The shorter crank option wouldn't change the nice parallel lines you have going with your lower stays and the ground.

They do make a one piece in as small as 3 1/2 " length, but the 4 1/2" length one has your common 24 tpi thread and 1/2" pedal hole and would probably be the ticket.

J & B Importers is a wholesaler that has locations around the country. Your local bike shop probably orders from them already. Here's the link to this part, you just give the part # to your LBS, and they can order it for you. Great source for all kinds of 'old school' bike parts.

http://www.jbi.bike/site/product_details.php?part_number=2233

4 and half crank.jpg

I have a 4 1/2 And I don't much like them even on my muscle bikes. For instance my drag bike (spoiler allert) has a crank over 7" for max torque. I forget what this one was honestly it was last min trying to beat a fb build off deadline and make it ride lol.

I love my toaster it's been to obc three times without a hick up and the last two times were with a trailer on hauling bikes. All the while still getting 30 mpg. It a if you know u know sorta thing I guess.
I had an Xb too, I loved it. @GuitarlCarl you don't know what you're talking about!

I love my toaster it's been to obc three times without a hick up and the last two times were with a trailer on hauling bikes. All the while still getting 30 mpg. It a if you know u know sorta thing I guess.

All rght you guys, I was just teasing. In all honesty I've been driving vans since before Leon was born. My second set of wheels was a 72 Ford with a 3 on the tree. In true soccer mom style some of the nicer ones I've had were Caravans. Throw a set of ladder racks on top and ya got a great work truck, rain or shine.

Also why don't ya hit the cranks with a torch and bend them to a shorter throw? Bent cranks look awesome and I haven't seen a set done in a long time.

Carl.

Now there is an idea. Lol and I know your just ribbing us. Honestly though you get one of these on a mountain road it's very fun. Only weighing 2400 pounds they are like little go karts.
All rght you guys, I was just teasing. In all honesty I've been driving vans since before Leon was born. My second set of wheels was a 72 Ford with a 3 on the tree. In true soccer mom style some of the nicer ones I've had were Caravans. Throw a set of ladder racks on top and ya got a great work truck, rain or shine.

Also why don't ya hit the cranks with a torch and bend them to a shorter throw? Bent cranks look awesome and I haven't seen a set done in a long time.

Carl.

Lol thank you Toro. Yea I guess now that it looks a bit more like a bike than a trombone it makes a bit more sense. Up next will be fenders gussets and no kool hopefully

So I knew from the start that this design using this tubing would require a gusset or another tube or something. I found this super nice thick plate and made it up. The idea was to taper the ends speed holes blah blah. Well it just didn't look good. To keep it structural as well would have ment keeping the plate pretty thick which made the opening much smaller. I felt that it took away from the over all design too much.
8578e902b4b5a34a69a73802efd2eac7.jpg
012f0ee23c2aeb68608475fc0ab05803.jpg
16e620efe48c5dae255da8ef8c97e370.jpg

Latest posts

Back