"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (colors)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Lookin' good.....you just might have one of my votes :mrgreen:

KOTA said:
Haven't touched this thing in two weeks. I decided not to add the extra tubes. After staring and staring, I just didn't see it adding "enough" to the bike. Besides, I really didn't want to paint the frame. Tubes were going to be made out of conduit and you could NEVER get any patina out of that (leave conduit outside for ten years and still looks the same). So with the deadline approaching fast, it's time to finish up. fork and headlight are painted. I found two cans of primer in the back of all my paint cans, so these are the two colors that will be used....The frame will be burned with a propane torch and scuffed with a 3M scotch pad, and a combo of the gray and green primer will be used on everything else.

005-21.jpg

KOTA: You didn't steal the braces off my spaceliner rack for your truss rods did ya??? :lol: :lol: Lookin good man! 8)

I'm an SRRB (spaceliner rear rack butcher)....I'm filming a new movie...."Silence of the Spaceliners"

Re: "RATS-ALT" (guard+tank painted)

Got a little more done tonight....Pics aren't great, it's dark out.

010-6.jpg

007-13.jpg

NICE WORK. KEEP IT UP,,,GTB PEACE

the bike is sick what can i say flames? really? come on like your bike was not cool enough already? haha well done

Wow Kota, just when I thought this couldn't get any better, way to go pal!

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys!

My goal was to use the parts that I already have, including the paint. So far I've spent $18.98, for the fender and the mini beer keg (don't know if I should count this, got a pair of Miller Light boxers with it).

karfer67 said:
the bike is sick what can i say flames? really? come on like your bike was not cool enough already? haha well done
You are the reason for me not adding the extra tubes. You mentioned if it doesn't have a function, don't use it.....Good advice! Thanks.

stocksucks said:
Really nice!
I say pinline the flames yellow or orange
Keep it up
Don't have the skills for that. :oops: ...You heard the expression: "Can't teach an old dog new tricks". It's TRUE. :lol:

Rear fender next.....Propane the frame...Assemble....Done

Kota, You have the skills to do anything you want. I dig your bike. You have built a contender for sure.

well kota i know at least where one of my votes is going

karfer67 said:
well kota i know at least where one of my votes is going
Well thanks for the "vote" of confidence....But there really isn't that much going on here. No custom tank, no custom bars, no fat tires or fancy wheels, no extended drop outs, no shiny paint....But I'm having fun!

Took a propane torch and some steel wool to the frame today, removed all the paint. A LOT more work then I thought it would be. Came out exactly the way I wanted it to....Rear fender is the only thing left, a little more fabrication and paint.
001-53.jpg

Re: "RATS-ALT" (frame burned)

I like the fancy frame stand you made there for your burning! :shock:

Latest posts

Back