Roadie wheel & tire question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought a road bike wheel & tire from Goodwill that was listed as used. When I got it I see that its all brand new. It's a Velocity Deep-V rim with the spokes laced differently than "normal" and it has a Kenda Kaliente 650x23c L3R Pro tire. I bought it because I thought I might be able to use on a build and because it looked cool :cool2:. To the road bike members here........did I just waste my money or is this quality stuff? Just curious......Thanks!

sa6557861029S_-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

Yup, it's a decent wheel. Lightweight, deep section, and a spoke pattern that is supposed to be more "aero" - like the_undecider said, straight off a triathlon bike - though not many triathletes run the 650c wheels anymore. It should fit nicely on a middleweight frame. :113:

Good score, looks like it could go on a salt flat style bike. Maybe Surly hookworm or jerald Sulky Slick on the back.:cool:...my +2 cent

The tire alone is worth almost as much as you paid so heck yeah good score plus it'll look kool on a top fuel build

[quote="Chips_Mahoy, post: 777630, member: 1236So is the 43 dollars and change I have in to it okay then? I bought it before I really thought about it. (That should be my signature line.......:rolleyes:)[/quote]
I have been fishing for a deal on a wheel set, I will see your $43 and raise it a Jackson should you seefit to mail them my way.....and I will even pay shipping.

[quote="Chips_Mahoy, post: 777630, member: 1236So is the 43 dollars and change I have in to it okay then? I bought it before I really thought about it. (That should be my signature line.......:rolleyes:)
I have been fishing for a deal on a wheel set, I will see your $43 and raise it a Jackson should you seefit to mail them my way.....and I will even pay shipping.[/quote]

What kind of wheel set are you wanting? I've got a couple 700 wheels (I think) that are sitting around. My LBS usually has something cool for cheap too.

is my problem, I've used the mountain bike frame to build a fixie. It is going to be tight to fit 700s but doable.
A good set, non wally branded.

:cool:One idea, get an old "10 speed" and pick up a flip/flop rear wheel off Amazon and build yourself a Fixie!

Latest posts

Back