RRBBO- 1960? wards hawthorn custom

Nov 30, 2006
sacramento, ca
collegecyclery.biz
i will take some pics of my project tonight and post them. i decided to take the hard route and go with a middweight frame that i have been neglecting for years. this bike has some history with me it was the first bike that i started to restore when was 10. my grandfather found it at a yard sale for 35 bucks and gave it to me as i wanted a cruiser even at that young age. i took it apart cleaned everything as best i could then lost interest in it and sold it too a friend who never did anything to it for 4 years. i saw it hanging in his garage and bought it back taking pitty on the poor thing and did it right (or at least i thought at the time lol) bad paint job, sprayed silver cranks ect.... i rode it a lot till i moved to ny in 2000 and when i moved back two years ago i used some parts off it and she has sat since then. now i think this is the proper motivation to make her shine as the jewel i know is inside. pics to follow soon

Nov 30, 2006
sacramento, ca
collegecyclery.biz
due to a leg injury i doubt that i will be able to compleate the bike in time. at work a tool chest fell on my leg and although nothing was broken it severly pinched a nirve and i am done for awhile. i will try but i don't think it is going to happen.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
karfer67 said:
due to a leg injury i doubt that i will be able to compleate the bike in time. at work a tool chest fell on my leg and although nothing was broken it severly pinched a nirve and i am done for awhile. i will try but i don't think it is going to happen.
Oh man...hope you get better quick. Sorry to hear about that.

Steve

Nov 30, 2006
sacramento, ca
collegecyclery.biz
right now the pain really sucks think the feeling of getting hit in the shin with a baseball bat over and over and there u go. thank god for 800 mg motrin and beer lol. i will build something just not a reall contender

Jan 13, 2007
northern calif
ouch hey this turning wrenches for a living is hazardous stuff, I hope you get back up to snuff soon....OK now some Bay Area sympothy...
Hey its just your leg did your hands quit working or something :lol:

Mark...a former bay area kid :wink:

Nov 30, 2006
sacramento, ca
collegecyclery.biz
sorry to have to say this but i am out. my leg injury has gotten worse thats why i have not been around. now it has turned into a real bad bone infection and i am on heavy antibiotics that have knocked me on my .... i am out of work for two weeks but even if i brought it home to work on i just am not up to it. once i get better i will finish it as i am not one to start something then not finish it. thanks to all for the kind words and have really enjoyed watching all the bikes get built up. just watch out for the next build off "i gotts da mad skills!" lol just kidding thanks again to all i will delete this tomorrow. good luck to all