RRBBO- 1960? wards hawthorn custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i will take some pics of my project tonight and post them. i decided to take the hard route and go with a middweight frame that i have been neglecting for years. this bike has some history with me it was the first bike that i started to restore when was 10. my grandfather found it at a yard sale for 35 bucks and gave it to me as i wanted a cruiser even at that young age. i took it apart cleaned everything as best i could then lost interest in it and sold it too a friend who never did anything to it for 4 years. i saw it hanging in his garage and bought it back taking pitty on the poor thing and did it right (or at least i thought at the time lol) bad paint job, sprayed silver cranks ect.... i rode it a lot till i moved to ny in 2000 and when i moved back two years ago i used some parts off it and she has sat since then. now i think this is the proper motivation to make her shine as the jewel i know is inside. pics to follow soon

pic 1

1000734.jpg

pic 2

1000733.jpg

due to a leg injury i doubt that i will be able to compleate the bike in time. at work a tool chest fell on my leg and although nothing was broken it severly pinched a nirve and i am done for awhile. i will try but i don't think it is going to happen.

karfer67 said:
due to a leg injury i doubt that i will be able to compleate the bike in time. at work a tool chest fell on my leg and although nothing was broken it severly pinched a nirve and i am done for awhile. i will try but i don't think it is going to happen.

Oh man...hope you get better quick. Sorry to hear about that.

Steve

right now the pain really sucks think the feeling of getting hit in the shin with a baseball bat over and over and there u go. thank god for 800 mg motrin and beer lol. i will build something just not a reall contender

ouch hey this turning wrenches for a living is hazardous stuff, I hope you get back up to snuff soon....OK now some Bay Area sympothy...
Hey its just your leg did your hands quit working or something :lol:

Mark...a former bay area kid :wink:

true my hands are fine but my mind is clouded by pain so this one is just not going to be what i wanted. it will be cool just not up to my personal standards.

Karfy.. I say u go at ur own pace and forget the buildoff, Uve been wanting 2 build this bike forever do it right man.. It seems that this bike has a curse ...... :lol:

not really rick actually i know just what i want to do just that i cant do the running around to do it now lol. don't worry i have a back up plan i am working on

hey when you build custom bikes for a living it pays to have a back up plan

sorry to have to say this but i am out. my leg injury has gotten worse thats why i have not been around. now it has turned into a real bad bone infection and i am on heavy antibiotics that have knocked me on my .... i am out of work for two weeks but even if i brought it home to work on i just am not up to it. once i get better i will finish it as i am not one to start something then not finish it. thanks to all for the kind words and have really enjoyed watching all the bikes get built up. just watch out for the next build off "i gotts da mad skills!" lol just kidding thanks again to all i will delete this tomorrow. good luck to all

-tears up- :( LOL This sucks man i want 2 see ur bike.. We will just will take awhile longer.. oh well. Hope u get better soon man. Ttyl

Latest posts

Back