RRBBO _BLACK RAT (Huffinator)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the bike is about done. Took it out for a short ride but had a hard time stopping. I thought at first the coaster brake hub must be need rebuilding. Then I looked down. Forgot to attach the arm.

OOPs.

hub shiners are usually made from leather and are a thing of the past. I read somewhere it was a silly American thing. This one attaches just as you see. A bolt through the nylon webbing. leather ones can be simply done by cutting an old belt/strap to length, then cutting a "button hole" in one end and inserting the other end in that.

I mostly did it, so I could have a rat running in a cage.
0620_hamster_wheel_clipart.jpg

So I finally tried out the headbadge for functionality. Works well and I think it will gets some use.........ALOT.

DSCF3631.jpg

By the way, sometimes typing can be difficult for me.

Darn kids

DSCF3638.jpg

WOW! DUDE THAT SUCKS! If someone took my keys away i would cry!

My good friends son ate the Rubber Buttons on the front of his NEW dishwasher..
and his wife followed the little guy around..
and she recovered the stolen buttons in his stool ( turd )
washed,dis-infected them..and put them back on..

Ahhh..the human body knows what's good..
and what's waste!

this is not a joke..
it's a true story.
And every time I looked at his dish washer I cringed :shock:

good job Cman on the headbadge..!
glad the epoxy worked..it's a brilliant idea you have there!
and very cool!

Clothespin "n" said:
My good friends son ate the Rubber Buttons on the front of his NEW dishwasher..
and his wife followed the little guy around..
and she recovered the stolen buttons in his stool ( turd )
washed,dis-infected them..and put them back on..

Ahhh..the human body knows what's good..
and what's waste!

this is not a joke..
it's a true story.
And every time I looked at his dish washer I cringed :shock:

good job Cman on the headbadge..!
glad the epoxy worked..it's a brilliant idea you have there!
and very cool!

When i was like 4 i ate a quarter. :)

Easy, I think Electra makes one and the beverage of choice rides above the handlebars. Or you could go to a boat shop and buy a Bar Bouy. My brother mounted one on his golf bag.

I rode the Rat today for beers.
I made a mistake when I cut the forks. Too Short. headset rattled apart. I think I have to cut the headtube to correct the problem. But I think my wife figured at what old bikes are about. She wants the Breeze I sold to a friend. I guess I needs to find here a bike.

cman said:
I rode the Rat today for beers.
I made a mistake when I cut the forks. Too Short. headset rattled apart. I think I have to cut the headtube to correct the problem. But I think my wife figured at what old bikes are about. She wants the Breeze I sold to a friend. I guess I needs to find here a bike.

ouch....how much thread is showing?
maybe a different style Head set nut or bearing size can be used?

keep us posted...I love that bike!

=I fudged up and cut it crooked. It held for the initial ride. Then it Popped. Combination of cheap headset and poor hacksaw job. It can be fixed with another hacksaw job. Amazingly I found out, headsets are overrated. It will ride again. New "forks" or not.

I guess I am more giddy that the wife likes old bikes now.

Yeh the Breeze is sold but she told me to buy her a bike. She said if I can have 10+ bikes she should be able to have 2. So she just gave me the license to BUY......Darn.

I dug threw the parts pile and found something the should hold better on the fork. Went for a ride here is a pic with lights on and one of the bike pipes.

DSCF3678.jpg

Went to the dollar store and purchased some rat tails

DSCF3682.jpg

Latest posts

Back