RRBBO Black Saab Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm quite new to this site (been looking at all your cool bikes for a few weeks), and I thought i'd go straight for the build-off ; )
I wanted to get started on a bike for some time, but I also have to work on the 70's choppers of my sons (8 and 6 years old).
So I don't know if I'll be finishing in time, but it's a way to get some work done, otherwise we won't be cruising when the weather improves in the coming months...
Eh, here it is, I cleaned most of the rust and mud off and some of the chrome that was left...
409991924_4eecb7447b.jpg

welcome aboard Easy Skywalker..
that's a nice start.I like the Frame style/geometry.

and the Spray booth! :lol:
are you the only guy in the Netherlands with a "Tiki Lounge" patio? :lol:
I love the Bamboo walls on your deck!

looking good,
peace,
Kev.

oh cool a saab! my folks had a 1969 Saab it had bosch fuel injection and 4 wheel disk brakes and one of the best factory paint jobs I have ever seen
it would go thru snow better than any car or 4wd truck around! smooth belly pan underneath and front wheel drive
I think there were like only a dozen Saab's in the whole state of Iowa at the time

Since it's too rainy to work outside, I did some indoor tinkering.
I want to use the fork of an old Jawa moped, and the org. headlight attached to it. There's not gonna be 12 volts on the rat, so I put a battery-powered LED-bike-light into the headlight this afternoon.
Some soldering, glue and tape, and the headlight works! (But it's not very bright, perhaps I need new batteries...)
411531096_31cf5f5de5.jpg

And the sun was shining yesterday, so I put the bike 'together' to see what I've got so far. Bought the sissybar last summer. Wanted a shorter one, but there's not a lot of choice in parts overhere. (I could have ordered one, but I had no patience ; )) The bananaseat came from my youngest sons chopper (repaired his original seat). I wanted cruiser-style handlebars, but I think the high moped ones might be better.
415506479_9cbfec114c.jpg

WOW!
slow down..we still have time left in the build
and you have already finished...and
burned the tires off of yours! :lol: :lol:

The Mock up looks good.
The tank look killer!
I like the wide forks.
I love the frame style!

You better watch out..I see a guy in the picture there trying to steal it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

peace,
Kev.

saab rat...cool

those are some really cool ideas , moped forks!.. [I'll be searching the motorcycle dumps, shortly] youre build will defenitely be up there, iff finished in time :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:!: imagin the volume of info, iff some one were to index all these great ideas :shock: ..... :idea: through out this site

What the F O R K? :lol: Yeah it took me like 5 minutes to see "the guy" trying too steak your bike. Boy im slow.

After making the valvecap-dice, I tried to fit the bearings of the moped-forq into the frame...they were too big (see picture). Tried the bearings of the ATB-forq I got on spare: way too big, forq doesn't even fit the tube, so no ATB-forq on spare. Luckily I found bearings in my bike-trash-crate that would fit! And they're in a cup-holder-thingy, so that's even easier when putting it all together.
416440617_7b2f46ecb5.jpg

Latest posts

Back