RRBBO Black Saab Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kev, here's the frame and forq put together. It works! Had to fill some space (about half an inch) with rings, but it turns nicely! Been a good day for the rat!
416544485_f5e5401048.jpg

That is so TOUGH looking!

wow..I love it..
that is a seriously turning into a wicked looking Rat!!!!

I have not seen Spring Forks like that since
the 70's style Moto-x ( dirt bike looking ) kids bikes..
It brings back a whole bunch of VERY GOOD memories
of when I was a kid!

keep it up Skywalker...
that is an incredible looking Bike!

peace,
Kev.

Took the wheels to a collegue this morning, he straightened them out. I've done that once, but it wasn't a big succes, he's got more experience... Thanks, Ronald!
Then I had to put tires on them (probably gonna buy some slicks) and check the bike out. Then I got exited : )
419112639_7475919e00.jpg

So then I had to put on some handlebars, and I went for my initial idea of using cruiser-style handlebars. These were very very wide, I cut of about 6" on both sides. I'm happy so far.
419112647_7b6fdaa169.jpg

I put on the high sissybar, but I think it really needs a low one. We'll see : )

Did some more bearing cleaning today (we're running out of used toothbrushes!), went bike-shopping and bought a crankset and a chain, both alloi-grey, nice combo. They didn't have the chrome seatpost I wanted, (just a simple 25,4 mm) but it's supposed to be there tomorrow.
Ofcourse I put the stuff on my bike immediately, but it's hardly rideable without a seat : )
I'm thinking about not doing the Saab-logo's on the tank, so the name doesn't make any sence. Bought two Thrasher-logo (with flames) stickers of eBay, hope they're here in time!
421350853_ecb5f16ee2.jpg

Latest posts

Back