RRBBO8 Discussion Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Welcome to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!

dracothered said:
It is unnerving taking a cut off wheel to a perfectly good frame. It took me a couple time of pulling the trigger to really put the first cut in the frame. After the first cut it seems to get easier knowing you have gone beyond the point of no return.

140 BUILDS
Traditional Class now has 3 Pages of Builds

Hey Lucas , don't listen to them. If they give you a hard time, we will go to the
scratch built section , and I will build something outside of my box and we won't
let them play with us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now that page 3 has opened up, I`ll be hosting a bbq this sunday for all my fellow slackers....uh I mean builders! :lol: It`ll be byob. I`ll supply the bbq and guns. I personally abstain from the alcohol,as I find it throws my aim off a touch. :wink:

I think its great we have a choice this year to decide wich one we want to enter... :D
I love traditional builds,but i entered the anything goes cause I wanted to have a crack at building a frame from scratch... :|
Last years entries were amazing,hope we get to see more people expressing themselves this year... :wink:

FSJAAK where are you?

trijaak034.jpg

I was just looking at the list for the Anything Goes build off side and it is telling who's bikes are popular in at least the views department of things. Five of the builds have 900+ views with 48 to 145 replies which is crazy. Now I don't think this is telling of who will win, but it give a good indicator of what some might be thinking.... :mrgreen:

Of course I may be way off in left field with this observation. HAHAHA

dracothered said:
I was just looking at the list for the Anything Goes build off side and it is telling who's bikes are popular in at least the views department of things. Five of the builds have 900+ views with 48 to 145 replies which is crazy. Now I don't think this is telling of who will win, but it give a good indicator of what some might be thinking.... :mrgreen:

Of course I may be way off in left field with this observation. HAHAHA

You cant tell until the bike photos are lined up....Some bikes suprise you in the end,they seem to come out of nowhere... :D

Pages, views, replies, etc... don't count for anything. In the end it's just about the bikes!

One week down and the initial madness has died down a bit. Does anyone have major plans for their builds this weekend?

Looks like my weekend will be stolen from me again. A friend of mine is getting married next weekend and tomorrow is his "bachelor party." We're meeting in Raleigh to go canoeing/kayaking and then out for dinner at some all you can eat Italian restaurant.

Then of course next weekend will be the wedding, so no work then either.

Maybe I can do something tonight...

I was hoping to get the frame painted this weekend but when I finally found the paint I was looking for it was not what I thought it was so now I'm back on the hunt. Hopefully I can get it primed at least. I'd like to at least throw a mock up together and see what it looks like even if I don't have cranks yet. Maybe break down the Manitou shock forks, if I can figure out how.

I just wanted to say that it's great watching, what's almost 150, bikes getting made. As I see it, everybody wins. Your prize? A bike!

kingfish254 said:
One week down and the initial madness has died down a bit. Does anyone have major plans for their builds this weekend?

Going to the sandblasters tomorrow morning, should have primer on soon after. It'll take a while with our humidity before I start putting color on. I also have a couple other project bikes I'll be wrenching on too.

Machine Age Victim said:
I just wanted to say that it's great watching, what's almost 150, bikes getting made. As I see it, everybody wins. Your prize? A bike!

That's a great way to look at!!! Right now almost 150 prizes are being built here!!!!
HAVE FUN!

kingfish254 said:

Front brakes and handlebars for this weekend. Wheels are on hold until my new spokes show up.

try and look at all the builds! thats my week end goal!

Latest posts

Back