RRBBO8 Discussion Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Welcome to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!

ONLY 12 WEEKS LEFT

Uhm may have missed it, with the 2 build categories are getting 3 votes per category?

Troy

160 BUILDS
Anything Goes is close to having their second page

In an effort to see if Jake Sensei is hiding out there in GTB Ninja Mode, I brought in GI Joe to help.
GIT TO BUILDIN EVERYONE!!!!

ONLY 11 WEEKS LEFT

ONLY 10 WEEKS LEFT

Jake is finally back in the mix!!!
NOW GIT TO BUILDIN!!!!!!!
119_1826-1.jpg

ONLY 9 WEEKS LEFT

In case anyone missed it, we already have two bikes in the Finished Anything Goes Bike section!!!!!! :shock:
:arrow: viewforum.php?f=79

ONLY 8 WEEKS LEFT

Guys, I've hit a slump.

All the measurements on the spoke calculator really spooked me, the failed attempts at the fork and just everything that's going on. Ugh.

yoothgeye said:
Guys, I've hit a slump.

All the measurements on the spoke calculator really spooked me, the failed attempts at the fork and just everything that's going on. Ugh.

Grab another set of wheels and another fork for now to get you moving forward again. Then, just take your time with the measurements. I'm no expert, but it's fresh in my mind. Give me a buzz and I'll be glad to see if our two minds can equal one good one.

h92678C98

Thanks Brian, I have 1 spoke that came from the wheel that had the hub in it, but I am using a different rim, plus I'm not even sure how to measure that one spoke, even if I do, is it going to be the same for a different rim? All those spoke calculators are so precise, and I am not sure just how precise it needs to be. haha

I was straightening and truing a wheel for a kid in the neighborhood recently, little 20" wheel, he had tightened all his spokes and really jacked it up, but otherwise the wheel was at it was when he bought it. As I was loosening all the spokes I learned that it had 2 different size spoke nipples on the bike... what? As if the factory was just using whatever it had around, why can't I do the same thing?

Do you have the old rim that the hub came with? Is there any difference in the inside diameter of the old rim and the new rim? Did the old rim have the spoke holes lined up in the center or where they staggered from the center?

I'm sure you have a bunch of old wheels around. Find one that has a similar sized hub and a similar size/patter rim. Take the spokes from it, and do a test lace up on your wheel. If the spokes are too long, find a rim with shorter spokes and repeat.

Latest posts

Back