***RustMaster*** Done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I'm back to build another bike, and I have given this bike the name Rustmaster. A Roadmaster with a good amount of patina.

This is my before and after picture.

I had a great time building this bike, Thank you to my wife and son for there help. Here are a few pictures that I did not place in the finished thread.

Last edited:
stem bolt problems :( look of frame and flat track concept:):banana:

I probably have the same model, only with more rust and the same stem problem. Hope you are able to get it loose.

I think I may be starting with pretty much the same frame. I have been trying to get some info on what year it is and specific model but I have received around 5 different answers on years and models. I was thinking mid 40's hawthorn but now you have me second guessing. What year is this, do you know?

Either way it is going to be cool seeing the different flavors of the CWC frames.

I'm not sure of the year of this bike. I did not see a serial # on the underside of the crank. I assumed that is where I would find it. Does anyone know where I would find it??? Headset? Downtube?

I was able to remove that broken stem bolt, A spray of CRC penetrant, a long bolt and a tap with a hammer did the trick. Still unsure what direction this bike is headed, but I will start with a dismantle and cleaning. A slow start for this turtle.

Maybe that serial number means your bike was built in Georgia! Probably not, only 30 days in September.
Can't wait to see what cool things you do with the RustMaster!

Well after 2 weeks of illness I'm back and ready to get back to buildin'. I spent that time watching the other builds and I am just amazed and jealous of the innovated and talented bike building skills.
So I was looking to add something to my bike. I did not have a tank and considered building a tank out of wood or metal, at least something to fill that space. While I was sitting in the garage pondering this the wife came back from Home Depot and asked me to hang these plant brackets on our deck that she just purchased.

Well the brackets never made it to the deck...and I decided to add them to the bike.

A cut here and there and seeing they are alluminum I decided to JB weld them to the frame.

I am lookin to continue this look with perhaps the front fork struts and fender brackets. I am not sure if anyone else has ever done this before. Does anyone know?

What a great idea!

This is fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am lookin to continue this look with perhaps the front fork struts and fender brackets. I am not sure if anyone else has ever done this before. Does anyone know?

Cool idea!
I know that @MazdaFlyer has used scrolly brackets on some of his builds and I seem to remember a few other builds in the past that used them here and there. Not quite like you are planning though. I dig it.

Latest posts

Back