***RustMaster*** Done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a test with the same paint to try and reproduce rust look. Here is what I came up with.

After letting the texture paint dry I then wiped some antiquing glaze over it. When dry I then dry brushed some orange here and there. Not great but close to my eye.
That does look good! I might try that antiquing glaze, Thanks!

I put some old wheels, a seat I bought this year, the original rusty handlebars etc. on the bike to see where I'm at with this build. So this is sort of a mock up test...only a test, to see what I like and don't like.

I would like to bob the rear fender and add a bracket (plant bracket probably or similar) that will be next, also somethiing in the front to hold a light. Still thinking some ideas on that.
I'm not sure that I like that seat, or the handlebars, the fork...ugh..I have changed my mind on this several times. Maybe more building and less thinking.

I think the fork would work with some more of your patina-ing and adding something decorative.

It seems that injenuity wins, liking the wifes donation and the trick with bagging to dispense neat amounts. Then the experimental paint techniques as well just add an extra degree of wow.:13::13:

I am not digging the fork on that, just not feeling that stretched out front end look, but that's just my opinion. The rest of the bike is absolutely incredible.

Well after 2 weeks of illness I'm back and ready to get back to buildin'. I spent that time watching the other builds and I am just amazed and jealous of the innovated and talented bike building skills.
So I was looking to add something to my bike. I did not have a tank and considered building a tank out of wood or metal, at least something to fill that space. While I was sitting in the garage pondering this the wife came back from Home Depot and asked me to hang these plant brackets on our deck that she just purchased.

Well the brackets never made it to the deck...and I decided to add them to the bike.

A cut here and there and seeing they are alluminum I decided to JB weld them to the frame.

I am lookin to continue this look with perhaps the front fork struts and fender brackets. I am not sure if anyone else has ever done this before. Does anyone know?

Hahahha.... LOVE IT !!! I'll tell ya one thing, I think we may be related, hahah... I'm working on something similar to your tank for mine but yours is much "KOOLER" hahah.... "WE" have similar ViSiOnS hahah . . . :)

Years ago I gave my welder to my son. I figured he would get more use out of it than me, plus I could always go over and use it. We used the welder quite a bit, when together we worked on a father/son 57 Chevy project.

I then sold the car to my son for a dollar. He did do a lot of the work on the car!
Well I needed the welder and went over to my sons house to work on the bike. I first started with this fork and I had an idea for the struts.

and I purchased a pair of these decorative rail balusters...

Cut, pounded flat and drilled a hole...and I have a front fork strut.

I'd have given you more than a dollar for my favorite car! Great forks man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Nice work....... Hey I think I have a buck around here somewhere if you are looking to get rid of another car! You have one lucky son!

great ideas , love the creative thinking , and it looks awesome !! that would sell in our neck of the woods

I finally got around to playing with the fenders. I wanted to go without a front fender and bob the back fender. Well I was using the front fender tip as a guide as to the shape I wanted to cut the back fender. My son then suggested to cut the back fender and weld half the front fender on to the back fender. We cut and hid the weld behind the middle fender mount. Then we started to kick around ideas for the front fender, that's when again my son suggested to attach the remaining rear fender to the remaining piece of front fender, which gave it some length to hang down low on the front fender. Again the weld was hidden this time under the fork. So if you followed me I took the front tip fender to the back and move the rear tip of the fender to the front. I know it sounds like insanity but it does work. Sorry, I don't have pictures of all the cutting and welding.
Here is the bike with the fenders. I think I went a little too far with the doodads attached to the front fork strap and It will be removed. Perhaps less is more.

Latest posts

Back