S&M COVID CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
1598639810124.png

https://www.sandmbikes.com/product/hardgoods/frames/covid-26-cruiser-frame-fork-set/
Anyone snag one of these? 1st round is sold out.

The thing about the Clear Fame-set, is no matter what color you run with it'll be the Bomb! Blue Wheelset? Red? Gold, Black or just Chrome/Polished silver?

Agreed although i am not sure on the frame size of the Cook bros cruiser but it seems the s&m and avenger are smaller with a seat tube length of 14".

Cook's was 17.625" bitd. The newer full chromo WTP 27.5 Avenger is, I think, around 18.875". The S&M and 26" Avengers aren't reproductions, they are tributes...and they are both after that Cook's look, but with 'modern geo'. Modern geo in layman's terms for 26" bmx is roughly copying OM Flyer geometry...so, 14-15" seat tube.

I mock 'modern geo' because it really makes little difference to me, but if you hang out on BMXMuseum for any length of time they will have you convinced that it is like Popeye cracking open a can of spinach compared to Old School. With the shorter rear end, they tend to wheelie easier...but for me, the real advantages are trouble free threadless headset, stems, and sealed bearing cranks.

Thanks. I’m 6’2 and need the leg room. Not into the long seat post look. I got the red avenger for a steal just for the bits. The sealed bearings and cranks are now in my 51 schwinn.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back