SaltHammer Savannah Sand Flats Silver King (1935 Monark Silver King) - Aug01 FINISHED! What A Blast!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were mine (and we all know its not), I'd stay with the bright yellow, and probably go with the thicker yellow stripe...especially with the

With the what? The anticipation is killing me.

kinda reminds me of the mooneyes rocket
b800ce44e9987762f311e862f827d693.jpg

Found more info on that. It's Cole Foster's Moon Rocket. Here are a couple of cool pics of it. though.

CIMG1549.jpg

c647b7fb949d037b970347016a934129.jpg

More silver, black, and salt inspiration

B-Rocket-01.jpg

Bike looks good but.....

Holy carp fishman, is that an og 427?

Not original, but a sweet fiberglass reproduction Cobra for sure!

Paint decision.
I am glad that I mocked up and played around the the tape stripes. Now that I've been able to look over the photos and wrap my head around it, there are things that I like and things that I don't. I am just not feeling the yellow stripes at any thickness. I do like the front scallop and the stripe going down the length of the fenders though. I think I am going to do this in flat black with no outline striping. I just think this will be a cool contrast to the polished bike. I'll probably also add some flat black accent to the guard too. Hopefully I can get the layout and paint done this weekend.
Thanks again for all of the honest feedback and ideas guys. It helps the wheels turning in my head.

Salt....and pepper....

Dude, I hadn't thought of it that way and you must have been looking over my shoulder as I was typing the above post.

5034599172_f421e4bc73.jpg

Last edited:
Well .... "great minds"....;)

And your flat black will be perfect. Nice contrast to the shiny, and will bring out a bit of the 'age' as well. Flat black would have worked with the original condition as well. You have landed on it my friend!

I love the aero style of this bike. The whole mooneyes theme and you could not have found a better chainguard for it. But what I like even more is that you built a bike to fit you and you can really ride it. There are some super sweet looking board track bikes on here with flipped down bars and the seats all the way down. They look cool but can you really ride them for more than a few blocks? I am in no way trying to offend anyone on here by saying that. Building these bikes for the contest is fun I must admit, but after August 1 is when we really get to enjoy riding them around our cities wherever we are. This bike is going to turn some heads wherever you take it

I love the aero style of this bike. The whole mooneyes theme and you could not have found a better chainguard for it. But what I like even more is that you built a bike to fit you and you can really ride it. There are some super sweet looking board track bikes on here with flipped down bars and the seats all the way down. They look cool but can you really ride them for more than a few blocks? I am in no way trying to offend anyone on here by saying that. Building these bikes for the contest is fun I must admit, but after August 1 is when we really get to enjoy riding them around our cities wherever we are. This bike is going to turn some heads wherever you take it
Amen to that !:praise: ''build the ride / ride the build'' (found my new signature):giggle:

Thanks guys, I'm hoping to get to actually ride this bike for the first time in a couple of days. It won't be complete, but good enough to test it out.

I did a finer level of buffing on most of the frame tonight. I used a new buff wheel on the drill and went to the white compound block. Follow by hand buffing with the fine MAAS polishing creme.

20160719_201807.jpg
20160719_201833(0).jpg
20160719_201845.jpg

Here is some more inspiration.
Jake, you'll get a kick out of the name on the back tail fin.

Check this out. It shows how they make the MOON discs.

Check this out. It shows how they make the MOON discs.

When I saw this the first time, it became clear to me why this discs cost so much money! Lots of work and handicraft going on!

Latest posts

Back