Sand Rover DONE! (finished pics pg 5, sand video pg 7)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
COOL MAN!!!! It looks like you have the gearing about perfect.
I freeze framed the video multiple times.
The bike REALLY looks great!!!!
Bravo!

Oh yes, I was worried about gearing, but no longer, it's very low effort and before I started airing down the tires I could spin the back tire... alot, which sometimes you need to do.

Very Cool im glad it works on sand!Now watch how many guys want to build one for there self..Great job! :mrgreen:

go over to motor bikes and check out my Burrito, it has a 16"x130mm motorcycle tire on a 4" schwinn chopper rim. lol.

Outlaw :D

Re: Sand Rover is FINISHED!!!! (finished pics page 7)

cman said:
yoothgeye said:
..little, going to keep playing with lower tire pressure until I hit the sweet spot, front still wants to plow a little when turning,

I wonder if you could add some sort of rib to the front tires, like real sand tires have. http://www.sandtiresunlimited.com/rb.html

The ultimate would be a center rib front and a paddle rear, but that wouldn't be nearly as cheap as what I've done already, and I never really let out enough air to really get the floatation that I could have.

Check out the tire mounting jig I made for Fugsley with a little redneck engineering. The second side of the the tire popped on in less than 2-3 minutes with no tools at all!

Photo_A686F91A-F3F5-0F70-1955-3C18EFB7DB7F.jpg

I think that is yoothgeye in Myrtle Beach!

yoothgeye said:
scrumblero said:
my friend sent me a pic while vacationing.... made me think of this build.. :mrgreen:

Haha, that bike must've come from Walmart... the fork is on backwards. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

When are you going to post some pics of Sand Rover in action at the beach!!!????!!!!

kingfish254 said:
When are you going to post some pics of Sand Rover in action at the beach!!!????!!!!

I thought I had... oops.

This is at Nags Head, I think I only had the video from Myrtle beach.

roversand.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

Very cool! That looks like fun.
It wouldn't surprise me if I end up going back to the OCC tires at some point. I think they are more practical.
But the Harley tires are so freaking cool!

kingfish254 said:
Very cool! That looks like fun.
It wouldn't surprise me if I end up going back to the OCC tires at some point. I think they are more practical.
But the Harley tires are so freaking cool!

Thanks.

My tire supplier brought me a tire off a Goldwing last night, it's so nice, great tread, 16" but SUPER wide. If I can get a rim to mount this tire on, I will build a bike around it. Looks more like a sport bike tire to me, it's cool.

that looks great. ya, the org. tires would work better in the sand. the motorcycle tires are prob to heavy to ride in the sand. I like this bike. nice job.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back