Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170703_214541.jpg
20170701_172829.jpg
20170701_172856.jpg
Few of our family schwinns
20170703_214541.jpg

Last edited:
Rat 67 stingray with salvaged Pinstripe ....it with my son's 70 stingray jr.... original paint
20170618_185818.jpg

Attachments

• 20170618_172727.jpg
    20170618_172727.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 268
Well,. The Schwinn Bug bit again. Feb.1972 Stingray, likely a deluxe, but unknown with certainty. This marks my Third in total Real Schwinns.. [Frame and fork anyway] The rest was collected as many of our great riders are, from other collections of parts.,

Many of you have already seen the INTERNATIONAL push button horn, Bars, Grips, Saddle, Sissy, Wheels, Pedals and Tires are off a Ross Scamp I presume, based on the Guard, the Badge was Ross, Guard was scamp., but to my findings, Ross didnt make a "Scamp". SO... the bike I got as a donor despite being in great shape likely had an added on Rack to match all its other Canary Yellow features.
To boot, the tires left on the Bendix 70/76? Wheelset was stock original to the girls bike they came off. One Slick and one Tiny Brick tread slim, both in good rider cond.

I was hesitant assembling this as a Ketchup and Mustard what with the 1978-83? Schwinns in the SAME SCHEME., but built with gaudier parts.. labeled flat forks.. gross "S" saddle..etc.. But I really admit this is growing on me, despite the clash.

Im actually using one of those later Schwinn Badges [due to it being Yellow and Red] on this as soon as I tap out the old Badge screw leftovers.

Zombie
20170615_150039.jpg

Hhh... I guess it wasn't posted before and if it was, the photos hosted by Photobucket are long gone now., [Thanks PB...]

I nailed this 1936 Schwinn JewelTank Autocycle last year., about Octoberish in my current neck of the woods. All Original outside paint which was redone by the Original owner in his late teens. [His sons the one who sold it to me]

Only things missing were the insides to the tank [Horn/Battery tray], the Speedo Cable and the little flange that screwed in under the speedo to hold the bulb in and keep it lit on switch control. [talk about unobtanium.]

I had this bike for a lustering two months,. give or take a few weeks., and the whole time I kept it in my bedroom, five feet from my toes at night to gawk at in disbelief it was in here where Im currently writing. If I wasnt home, I was in constant anxiety that I was going to be robbed.,

Long story Short., it deserved to be better showcased to the public and introspective collectors as a learning vice and show piece [as well as occasional rider..] as well as be kept by someone who can A. obtain these missing parts and B. afford them X.X as well as a Braze it needed on BOTH the stays connecting to the back of the Seat Post Tube up top. Not Cracked, but Separated.,

I have so many pictures in that time span of having claim to it, no crevice was left out of the eye of the flash on my camera or the sun. Here are a few to get the saliva flowing...

[Questions, Comments and Inquiry to see more is ALWAYS accepted ;) ]

I don't know why its upside down,. I tried rotating the original image,. no such change. take it :headbang:

Zombie
20160918_175505.jpg

20160918_175521.jpg
20160918_175655.jpg
20160918_175614.jpg

This one I put together for the girls.

70's Schwinn Slick Chic. I was lucky to find the frame with the fenders and handle bars (hollywood style). It took some time but I was able to locate all the rest of the parts via the trusty web. Original StingRay banana seat with sissy bar, Score! Original 20" wheels and tires, everything on that bike is Schwinn.

I swapped the Hollywood style bars, for the Ape Hangers and raised the seat to accommodate a small to mid size adult rider.

Still needs work...

IMG_3419.JPG
IMG_3420.JPG
IMG_3421.JPG
IMG_3422.JPG
IMG_3423.JPG

@A.S.BOLTNUT.
Hey Rafael, loving that seat cover.
Wondering how wide the pleats are on it or what model was it originally on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx for asking Rob ; seat is Originally off a late 70's Schwinn Scrambler.

View attachment 59402 I don't know if I ever posted this in here, but it was at one time a pretty close copy of my typhoon.
Kiddie klunker was a tornado. I forget what year 79 or so.

Looks cool, how bout a nice bright pic of the other side .

Latest posts

Back