Schwinn Rumbler - Klunker

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
1597927051476.png

Haven't seen this one before. Kinda neat.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the whole idea of a Klunker was to build it yourself, then test beat it.
Like everything else....starts off as an underground trend. Then slowly it becomes a fad, then commercialized. If you're into motorcycles the whole "Bobber" thing exploded in the last 10 years. Now people even call choppers "bobbers" silly people.

Jun 28, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the whole idea of a Klunker was to build it yourself, then test beat it.
Also, to me this Schwinn Rumbler is more of Cook Brother throwback/tribute bike. But like the word "bobber" it appears that "klunker" is now a catch phrase marketing word to grab the consumers attention. Like Retro, Patina, Vintage etc etc.

Apr 26, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tubes on that schwinn frame look out of proportion. I think the nicest of the recent straight bar bikes is the wtp avenger single speed. Built in Taiwan. Nice welds.lots of really good parts. The Chwinn heavy duti is a decent looking frame too. Down here in Australia its difficult finding the USA stuff and i had to resort to buying a couple from ebay. I have a late 50’s Panther and 60’s Typhoon and a couple of Chwinns too. Love em all, but the usa moreso.

Reactions: Johnny Wolf
Jun 28, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually pulled the trigger on the Silver one. I was hoping it was chrome, but at $369.00 free shipping, I get it. I couldn't build it new for that price. If I like it, I'm going to take it apart and either chrome or powdercoat the frame/forks white or grabber blue and re-lace the hub with a Nexus 3 speed and swap out a few other bits as well. If I don't, I'll just sell it. Market is still pretty good here in So-Cal even though the free (for now) government money has dried up. On a side note, I finally found 1 picture other than what's on the site. I don't believe that's the seat that comes with it. Mine will be delivered sometime today.
rumbler silver.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Awesome