Schwinn Sprint Bent Tube! More Pics Added!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just picked up a `75 Sprint with the curved tube frame. I traded a restored Le Tour for it, but it was worth it to me. The `74 to `76 bent tube sprints are getting harder to find and this one was only missing the chainring guard and original seat.

Re: Schwinn Sprint Bent Tube!!

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice! Never seen one either but I like the reasoning behind it, more of a feet forward pedal position, shorter wheelbase, more nimble...

Luke.
Thanks for the comments guys. This frame design is more common on the Paramount road bikes. The Sprint was an attempt to introduce the design on a less expensive model. I will take some more pics tomorrow in the daylight. It has another interesting difference you can't see in these photos. Steve, you're right. I'll probably never be able to ride it, but I just couldn't pass this one up.

I picked one of these up a few years back at Goodwill for $20. It's like a Continental in terms of build specs. Where I could only get $100-125 out of a decent Conti, I was able to get $250 out of my Sprint because it is rare.

I wonder why they didn't do a bent seat tube version of a nicer model like the Super Sport. The nimbleness gained by this design seems somewhat wasted on a 35 lb bike, though the Super Sport wasn't much lighter.

Here is the location of the kickstand. I think this might be the only Schwinn model that has it welded to the botom bracket.

Here is a better pic in the daylight with the bottle bracket removed.

Latest posts

Back