Seat / Saddle Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not mine but wish it was
2997ac191599b20a86ec0dde18bb5c9f.jpg

25a769918f6ac146fc67ded3165cd031.jpg

Started with this seat frame alone , made the padding with a foam flour mat , heated up to take its shape , and this is the first try
DSCN5703_zpsf94e05dd.jpg

take 2 : with piping:cool2: much better:D
DSCN5710_zps79399ecf.jpg

DSCN5708_zps0d653b5a.jpg

Last edited:
just purchased this for my new stretch cruiser build

$(KGrHqNHJB8F!jcB3oF2BQc-z!K)q!~~60_35.JPG

anyone had experience with leather seats made in India?
I have one
cb53eaf79a883783e1cc472fef266c3a.jpg

Comfortable for a few days until the rods bend far enough for the seat post to make contact with your buttocks. Easy fix, just completely disassemble the seat and flip the bridge then fight it back together with your size twelve meat paws. Throw it across the room and don't ride your bike for a few days. They last longer bent out of shape and upside down though. Maybe five or six days before you bottom out again. A good temporary fix is grabbing the front and rear of the saddle, placing your foot inside the rear triangle and pull really hard. Sometimes the front and rear will pull backout kind of evenly.
You will not feel guilty about sanding them down re tooling the leather and putting a nice finish on one though. The springs work the leather is comfortable. The tensile strength in the steel is bs. Replace the frame and you are good to go. Or look for a beat up weathered and torn Brooks on eBay. It will last 40 times as long.
13fc52cc5dc0acff7c34dc50be617eeb.jpg

I mean 400. I always end up with one of those "display" saddles when I buy a "lot" of parts

It wasn't me I swear.

just purchased this for my new stretch cruiser build

$(KGrHqNHJB8F!jcB3oF2BQc-z!K)q!~~60_35.JPG

anyone had experience with leather seats made in India?
I actually made two different riggings to keep the post from surprising me
9bb42d8d10e30ca14f191ecde6659369.jpg

I am a light heavyweight though. I void the warranty on a lot of these fancy new bikes as soon as I ride one. It's the support frame that's weak. Replace it you have a nice saddle

It wasn't me I swear.

Vintage Ideale 'Registered' (has a number on the back plate; maybe a special for owner thing?)
Leather is checked only on surface, the rest is thick and strong, thicker than Brooks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back