Shelgin Master

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear fender and rack installed
Should be fun trying to get that rear tire aligned so it doesn't rub.

To keep or ditch the rear rack? What do you guys think?
ae53ae1a3d55ca09fa1e50927269313c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rear fender and rack installed
Should be fun trying to get that rear tire aligned so it doesn't rub.

To keep or ditch the rear rack? What do you guys think?
ae53ae1a3d55ca09fa1e50927269313c.jpg

Do you have a profile shot that is more from the side? That one is up too high for me to see what the profile of the rack looks like.

Yeah, you really want a rack - how else will you transport a 12-pack from the local quick-e-mart?
Haha this is true, but honestly I hardly ever use a rear rack on any of my rides. I typically go fender less and rack less. So this is different for me, not sure how I'm liking it.

I think it would look better without the rack. The reptilian lace fenders are looking sweet on there.

Took a break from the build today and pieced this bad boy together, just waiting for the 3 piece crank to arrive and going to order me some coke bottle grips. Picked it up locally from a fellow RRB member.
0aba4dba9b9c3d5a56ed9db5f0b7a652.jpg

bd12054f7935adc4aebf5909754ae13e.jpg

1bd52db28bd6265513431e0a4430c5b0.jpg

I would suggest a bolt with a nylock nut, throw in a couple of washers and it should be perfect...

Luke.
Yes to Luke's suggestion...and if you want even more compression, while still retaining the smooth movement, add a nylon washer in the mix...

75e0e0ae95fedbace7c2d62e0c8d46b6.jpg

I like the flare up of the rack...it mimics the flare on the bars, and is juxtaposed with the curving arc of the seat / rack stays and the springer / fender braces...but maybe that's just me. :cool:

Unfortunately guys I'm going to have to bail on this build. I just picked up 2 really nice and expensive bikes and I gotta recoup some money. So I'm going to have to sell it off.

Well I decided I'm not going for a clean paint job/bike anymore. That's just not me, haha. I'm debating bare metal or a patina solution. I picked some up yesterday and did one of the fenders. Not sure how I like it or if I'd like the whole bike like that. May just do a few pieces and leave the rest bare.
ed7091b9189d3d1b43ea6202c6c3148c.jpg

Also got the bracket made for the springer just need to shape it a little.

c10a2c305f71337df31910478c26b192.jpg

Here is a couple other pieces of the puzzle, still going to run a bmx 3 piece crank though
67e72a345a6cd113b6b55a4fbc7d7ecb.jpg

I Know this is old...But it's worth a shot, what patina solution did you use on this fender?

Latest posts

Back