shiney

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
count me in. finally got a bike to enter. found it at the dirt mall for $10, its been spray painted black, but the black is coming off to let the chrome that is under it shine. dont have a clue what it is but i dig the double tubes.
my.php
[/url]
[/img]

OooOoOooOoOooOooooo!

Me likes this one! Totally digging that front bezel! I never thought of painting a "space Race" bike in primer. Kinda makes me think of a tow vehicle, late 50's at Bonneville or El Mirage. Now all you need is a Scottie trailer for the back!

Joe

Dirtbagg. That's a great score for ten bucks. Is the frame really chrome underneath? That would rock.
I totally don't want to highjack your buildoff thread with my pics, I just thought you might like to see one like you have. Just say the word and I'll delete my post. Good luck with your build.

One like that around here...

My friend has one. She used to live in one of my downstairs apartments. Hers is an untouched 1959 Murray Fleetwing.

Has a lot of the same features as this bike, even the same sort of tank and headlight. Murray made a lot of different variations of these. I think it's like all Cleveland Welding products- sold under 20 different brand names.

http://www.schwinnbikes.com/heritage/sh ... hp?t=45360

Here's my original thread when I asked about it on the Schwinn forums. About 10 pics on there of an all-original example of this bike.

--Rob

progress report: black spray paint gone to let the chrome shine. the chrome is in ok shape some pitting, some scratches but gives the bike character
my.php
[/url]

[/img]

Now that's a twist...

dirtbagg said:
progress report: black spray paint gone to let the chrome shine. the chrome is in ok shape some pitting, some scratches but gives the bike character
my.php
[/url]

[/img]

I thought the rules said must be painted, however, this "unpainting is quite the trick. I'm for it! :mrgreen:

That is a nice beginning, can't wait to see the outcome.. Keep posting updates man..
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

there will be paint on the wheels and afew different parts soon just dont know what color to go with yet. thanks for the comments. the black paint was on so thin it came right off with the help of a little stripper and the garden hose.

well just a couple days left. i seem to have lost the cord for my camera, hopefully it turns up soon. my bike is about done all i have to do is put it to together. i didnt stay with the chrome, i couldnt get it as clean as i would of liked so decided to paint. everyones bikes are looking killer good luck to everyone. ill post all my progress pics and finished pics if i can find the cord. dont count me out yet

ok i found the cord for the camera. so finally here are my progress pics
Shawn010.jpg

These are the colors that I chose. Primer everything, tangelo pearl for the frame, fork, and chain guard, and shiny black for everything else.
Shawn008.jpg

Primered parts
Shawn096.jpg

Parts painted black. Notice the homemade strut rod in the photo, made from 5/16 roundbar and automotive groundwire connectors
Shawn097.jpg

Frame fork and chain guard painted tangelo pearl. I used base white before applying the tangelo pearl, sorry no pictures of that step.
Now all that is left is to put everything together.

That's gonna look good...can't wait to see it done. I bought some of that House of Kolor paint for my son for a model he's building, and I was wondering how it would look on a bike. Now I know...thanks!

Latest posts

Back