Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilmikew86 said:
bike im building for my woman
IMG_5801%20(Small).JPG

2IMG_5798%20(Small).JPG

IMG_5794%20(Small).JPG

yeah, that's the ticket!

Great to see all of the cool things people have done with their Cranbrooks. I just picked up a blue one with blue rims that is in great shape for $20 (with lock). It seems like a great canvas to start from.

It's so funny to see people selling these newly minted cranbrooks on craigslist for $100 or more. Do they not think that someone will look up the retail price?

You guys have done wonders with these bikes!

Girl Friends Cranbrook. 15 bones at a yard sale. Changed front ring from a 44 tooth to a 36. She can pedal much easier now. Dropped the cruiser handle bars for the risers.

Now I need a chain guard to really finish it.

S7303840.jpg

S7303841.jpg

S7303842.jpg

Lots of inspiring builds on this thread...
Got me thinkin', I should see if I can find a cheap cranbrook to chop up...
Found this on the local craigslist:

0a1b9516.jpg

it was painted over so i'm not sure if it's a cranbrook. i just saw it was a huffy when i started to work on it

tandem001-9.jpg

until i can see how well it rides, or if it rides at all with two people on it (i'm by myself so i've just riden in front or tried sitting in back with it in an exerciser), more progress is kind of on hold. i have another frame that looks kinda like it though (it says santa fe. don't know what differences there might be). if this "almost works" but has something i can't alter on it (i'm afraid of the front and rear seats being too close), but i still like the idea. i can try it again.

Technically it started life as a PJ but I couldnt find a good place to post... I thought if I would at least keep it in the Huffy family I'd be alright.

Updated and 98%done. going to switch the saddle and grips.

bike1-1.png

bike2-1.png

bike3-1.jpg

bike4-1.jpg

bike6.jpg

IMAG0373_31_2012-04-13_06-28-35_001.png

IMAG0375_30_2012-04-13_06-30-01_779-1.png

IMAG0377_28_2012-04-13_06-32-03_751.png

i have since removed the chain guard and added some snazzy leopard print grips, but other than that, this is my cranebrook. bobbed fenders and painted them a semi gloss black. sticker delete. nothing special.

HPIM2808.jpg

HPIM2811.jpg

HPIM2810.jpg

I'm really stunned by all these inspiring cranbrooks! I especially like HudsonGasbike's pics because the boxes look awesome. They gave the bike a vintage look which I really appreciate! I wish I would be so talented to make my own... I have some ideas thought if I would find a cheap one! I found some nice serenata hampers in the mall and I would plan to add them to it. I also want to give it a new color like yellow.

This is my new daily driver I picked up in what I like to call "The island of misfit bikes" (returns/scratch&dent section at my local Walmart)

This is how I found her...

6b017821-0edf-4e05.jpg

Then...after I had cleaned her up...like a shiny penny!

6b017821-0f01-8477.jpg

And the contrast between my Black board tracker...about 8 inches of seat height...

6b017821-0f80-4ad5.jpg

Not too bad of a deal @ $57.20...but wait, there's more! When I got into the line, I noticed that there wasn't a chain on the bike, so I asked the manager if I could get any more savings...and she kindly obliged with another 20% off...$45.76 plus tax....SCORE!

I found this gem setting behind the dumpster in front of my apartment. :)
Removed fenders and decals. Then, I painted it Ford Cardinal Red and added ape hangers.
I just bought some cheetah print fabric to reupholster the original saddle. (seat in picture was borrowed from my wife's bike)
By, the way, this is my first post on ratrodbikes.com.
DSCN0590.jpg

Latest posts

Back