Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0271.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is this front end / fork setup?

looks like a set of forks off of a Magna or another inexpensive bike like a Next or somethin'. I fixed one up a little bit ago and flipped it...I only painted the bottom of the forks because the chrome was shot.
Magna2.jpg

I also threw a fork similar to that on a Micargi cruiser that had a bent original fork as well. I think I scabbed that one off of a Next Mtn bike

Eyeball tech... no plans just keep hacking at it.. no jig no mesuring... been stolen and bought back... just gave an other away before i started beating on it also...
The seat was a fast fix it used mount on mid tube but rear hangers put an end to that.
20160912_191132.jpg
20160912_191259.jpg
20160912_191328.jpg
20160912_191212.jpg

Paint was fun easy and fast.. i burshed washed of enamle over the roched out stock everything and rubbed it back with some thinner and scotch brite.
Peddle made from fence decoration a piece of pipe and 2 burned up plazma caps to act as barrings on the stock stud... been meaning to do other these last few years.

I've got a Good Vibrations from the 80s. I used to build Walmart bikes and they had a good Vibrations which was just a variation of the women's cranbrook. I would assume it was the same deal 30 years ago? If anybody has info on that, I'd be interested. Anyway, I have a thread in the builds section on it. I name it the "Honest Rat".

Attachments

• IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    282.2 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    523.4 KB · Views: 373
This is actually an old picture of the $15 Cranbrook that I bought off Craigslist and dropped an engine onto. Basically, this was after it was repainted and assembled. I have since upgraded the engine severely, swapped to wider pedals, run the alternator to power all of the electronics (complete light system, front and rear, with signals and brake lights) added a disc brake to the front fork and probably some other things. Still the same seat, which came off of a SixThreeZero that I built.

20150223_161407_zpsylyuhey0.jpg

Now, seeing as my customized SixThreeZero has been stolen, I am in need of another bike. So I've acquired this Huffy "Karaoke" (which, as much as I can tell, is basically a different trim level of the Cranbrook, featuring an exclusive paint scheme and an auxilary speaker for your portable music player) and will hopefully have it completed and get some photos soon.

This is actually an old picture of the $15 Cranbrook that I bought off Craigslist and dropped an engine onto. Basically, this was after it was repainted and assembled. I have since upgraded the engine severely, swapped to wider pedals, run the alternator to power all of the electronics (complete light system, front and rear, with signals and brake lights) added a disc brake to the front fork and probably some other things. Still the same seat, which came off of a SixThreeZero that I built.

20150223_161407_zpsylyuhey0.jpg

Now, seeing as my customized SixThreeZero has been stolen, I am in need of another bike. So I've acquired this Huffy "Karaoke" (which, as much as I can tell, is basically a different trim level of the Cranbrook, featuring an exclusive paint scheme and an auxilary speaker for your portable music player) and will hopefully have it completed and get some photos soon.
Optioned out!

Latest posts

Back