show us your chick bikes heres mine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customers mild custom from a while back:
IMG_0590-1.jpg

IMG_0584-1.jpg

If anyone cares, heres the build thread:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-wonderful-what-ev.68519/#post-663249
I'll have a mild custom B6(or whatever they called the girls version) for my wife at some point. Still chipping away at when time allows.
I remember that build, very cool!

Luke.

One of my first, and still favorite builds.
Think it's a 56 Huffy Eldorado
paid eleven cents for it, redid it for a Christmas gift for a friend
Before

After

My wife's current rider... 66 Huffy El Camino
as found with seat I added

what it looks like now

had a few other over the years, nothing special.. most end up as frames sitting in my frame room

unfortunately this thing could not be saved... yet.. donated it to a friend to mess with thinking "you keep this in your basement" lol

just a few

Last edited:
1939 Columbia Westfield Super Deluxe on Temporary Ross wheelset and Schwinn Crankset. [the Original goods are still being worked with in the shop]

Got it and the parts to get it riding from Bri-In-Ri, GREAT fella to do business with if you can catch him online, Good friend too. ;)

10926393_10205901579808307_2847042593264920114_n_zpsaxcugmxm.jpg

Flying Zombie

Not mine, but a very :cool2: chick with her Schwinn Fair Lady in Brooklyn, NY:

IMG_4193.jpg

West German, Executive. It was in pretty bad condition when I first got it. I put a free wheel on it and a lot of custom parts. The chain guard was off of a boys bike of the same brand and I had to make brackets out of brass strip to fit it to the frame. My mother-in-law made the sissy bar pad from a pattern I gave her. Newer 3 piece crank and chain ring added.
20151212_145357.jpeg
DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1806.jpg

Almost finished refurbishing an early 70s Vista Duchess...Lovely bicycle.
OK..so, I put parts in separate labeled baggies when I'm working on several bikes., (which is all the time), but somehow lost an axle nut..and now I'm waiting on delivery the LH side rear nut...I went thru every nut in my shed before I found out the Sturmey Archer AW uses an odd size nut. (duh!) :doh:
Went to two local bike shops, and the guys, both nice young dudes with man buns, didn't know what the HeII I was talking about. This bike had 3 layers of housepaint and was a garden ornament. I was gonna enter in current build-off, because before/ after is quite a difference..maybe I still will..;)
franco

VistaDuchess_02.jpg
VistaDuchess_1.jpg

vistaOriginalcollage.jpg

Latest posts

Back