SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
col lava.jpg

I have recently replaced the crank and BB, as while it was relatively low mileage there was some damage to the unreplaceable crank side bearing. So now it has a new BB and a BB adapter tube to get it to fit, and some massive filing of where the rear tubes intrude into the BB tube to get the adapter to fit. I also replaced the head tube, originally from the bike visible in the background, to push the bars forward a bit.

ABLVV86Zddap3-62SCEic0DRdfxcBTXLBXo2lMKJ39l76foBbq0GMRw-w0dqq_4_kcAxHelbXvFxphsxou0QiWT0qXR5xjbUFYoqmZ0ySP2HmtC9lvhic4ooC5csCCFq7cUsxSs0N_hUXGgaz9gPKrdJ2frg=w1253-h940-s-no-gm

Since my blue grips cracked on the inside (there is a plastic bush underneath the rubber), I changed my grips and bought a different 'superlight' seat that was damaged.
Normally these seats are pretty expensive, but now I managed to buy it for 10 bucks including shipping.
I glued and painted the damaged part of the seat and we'll see how it holds this year.
The grips are ODI grips.

1000023504.jpg

Damaged seat.

20240320_115113.jpg

20240320_115227.jpg

20240320_115244.jpg

20240320_115350.jpg

20240320_115409.jpg

Ready for some tours and another year!

New levels of coaster brake destruction have been achieved.. View attachment 261388
Wow! A driver snapped in two pieces.
When did that happen? Climbing or hard acceleration?
Maybe braking, but I find that harder to imagine.
My engineering -looking for 'what happened?'- head is asking all kind of questions right now 😉

Wow! A driver snapped in two pieces.
When did that happen? Climbing or hard acceleration?
Maybe braking, but I find that harder to imagine.
My engineering -looking for 'what happened?'- head is asking all kind of questions right now 😉
Going up hill on a steep technical climb. I went over the bars when it gave out. It is on my coaster brake challenge rig so the hub has a lot of hard miles on it. This will happen if you think you're smart (like I thought I was) and weld the cog to the driver. I usually replace cogs every year but that is a trailside fix if you pack a spare.

Going up hill on a steep technical climb. I went over the bars when it gave out. It is on my coaster brake challenge rig so the hub has a lot of hard miles on it. This will happen if you think you're smart (like I thought I was) and weld the cog to the driver. I usually replace cogs every year but that is a trailside fix if you pack a spare.
You speak the truth. And as you say it I realize how far out of your league I truly am.
I am humbled by the wealth of experience and talent here in this forum. That, to me,
would be a fatal break, no doubt. Weld the cog to the driver he says? Indeed. Replace
the cogs once a year he says? I just don't ride like that. But now you got me thinking
maybe I should. 🙂

You speak the truth. And as you say it I realize how far out of your league I truly am.
I am humbled by the wealth of experience and talent here in this forum. That, to me,
would be a fatal break, no doubt. Weld the cog to the driver he says? Indeed. Replace
the cogs once a year he says? I just don't ride like that. But now you got me thinking
maybe I should. 🙂
Well I do about a hundred miles a week, mostly "mountain biking" on a bmx cruiser of some sort. I've eschewed suspension and gears for the most part for some time. While I am not the fastest in my cadre of dirtbags, I do have the most torque. Bicycle riding can be done late into life and that is what I intend to do.

Latest posts

Back