SHOW US YOUR KLUNKERZ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's a feiore sp? Pretty light, will most likely snap in 1/2 during dirt duty.

My latest. A JC Higgins.....
5be9508de1aa3838d5ea9cbb4acf26cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

The color on that bronze and gold Schwinn SLAYS me! It's all drool over here. I'm a Davo follower.
But I gotta ask. Klunkers?
A term coined by some Californians who took off-road bashing to new levels and pushed forward development of the modern mountain bike.

Built/ rebuilt up this ‘80 Schwinn cruiser I recently picked up. Cati bosses and water bottle mounts where added to the frame Back in the day. When I got it I knew I had to do a multi speed klunker type build.

09BA5623-A9DC-4C7F-BA0A-C699CA3CB39B.jpeg

Not much thought went into this one. I removed the Tange fork that came on the bike, then just kinda kept taking it apart and rebuilding it with stuff layin around. Happy with how it rides tho!

Here’s how I picked it up-

E684CF6A-34D4-43D3-AFA8-E509FBA0CC0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh my sweetness! Are those anodized caps on the Slingshot stem? For some reason forum emojis aren't working for me (or italics, bold, underline, etc.) so you'll just have to imagine the drooley guy

Built/ rebuilt up this ‘80 Schwinn cruiser I recently picked up. Cati bosses and water bottle mounts where added to the frame Back in the day. When I got it I knew I had to do a multi speed klunker type build.

View attachment 116101

Not much thought went into this one. I removed the Tange fork that came on the bike, then just kinda kept taking it apart and rebuilding it with stuff layin around. Happy with how it rides tho!

Here’s how I picked it up-

View attachment 116100

pics not workin?

B8E54D0A-8D63-4B6F-B5D4-2C56F410EC68.jpeg

B227DF5D-0651-41CA-8471-577C56C24B51.jpeg

Latest posts

Back