Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raleigh002.jpg

Got this for $25 at the junk shop. It's a chrome frame Sports, '64 hub.

chromeRaleigh1.jpg

and got this out of my friends field, along with five other bikes. It is rusted up pretty bad, I don't know how well stuff'll come loose but I'll get to it someday. If I hold onto it.

raleigh-folder1.jpg

'38 Golden Arrow, this one is definitely gonna get refurbished. I love it.

DSCN4612.jpg

And I just picked up a '67 Superbe with S/A headlight and taillight. All these Raleighs all of a sudden fell into my lap, after a big drought of them. Funny how bikes come along.

Superbe1.jpg

Thats a neat Golden arrow, I'm still not even sure what mine is. apparently it was a sports but it'd identical to yours but has dyno lighting and drubgrake with wingnuts. If you come by another one of those top tube shifters let me know, Mine was replaced sometime along the road. Also while I know it's abit of a sin but if the superbe has a dyno, take that and headlights and put on club, it looks nice lol. I wish i could find chrome raleighs here, I don't think they where around here, I never see some of the colors I see come up in us,

I played around with mine, heres a picture of how it currently sits, sad thing is it's to small for me when setup this way
100_0197.jpg

My first Raleigh Sports. A 1976 purchased on eBay. It seems to have seen very little use.

P8140332a.JPG

Glad this thread was revived.........I have not seen it before. I LOVE old Raleighs, they are the reason I have love old bikes in general at this point. I will start with my daily rider / commuter.

As restored:

In commuter garb:

A BMX:

Phillips:

My Newest as found:

Another Phillips I had:

I have a few more that I don't have pics of, projects that are not even started yet.

Oh my eyes! So many lovely english roadsters! Its almost time for me to assemble my gold one i got last year. the bike co op where I live was scrapping it. not sure why but theres nothing wrong with it and finding one this color isn't that easy. ill post pics when I get it out, currently reviving a big worksman trike.

Latest posts

Back