Sidetrack Space: Build Off Highlights and Chat.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother in law has one in the attic I've been eyeballing... I thought I'd just grab parts off it when she wasn't looking, but now I'm thinking about the whole enchilada

Down here in Flori-DA I guess were the last to hear about new trends . We still call them Beach Cruisers !
In the Netherlands they call these "big bmx", "aparte fiets" or beach cruisers, but thats more about people not knowing the type of bikes.

Let's see if this works lol

Top Rat Rod Bikes moment:
Guy trues wheel with belt sander.
20200526_193130_1_1.gif

Yeah, the bar is pretty high this year
I just love the stuff that you would never see on any other bike forum.

People who are full time engineers or fabricators making rolling art then learning new tricks from dudes who only own a set of wrenches. While others here make miracles out of boring 90s diamond frames that we all drool over because their vision was something no one did before. Then others spend hundreds on prefabbed custom bike parts but put them together in a way that's uniquely thiers. And there's no judgement on the huge variety of methods here, because at the end everyone just wants to see others make a cool bike.

The creativity and skill level here is immense, with zero attitude or judgement, and an added dash of showing off for flavor.

It's enough to make you get a little emotional. :bigsmile:

I just love the stuff that you would never see on any other bike forum.

People who are full time engineers or fabricators making rolling art then learning new tricks from dudes who only own a set of wrenches. While others here make miracles out of boring 90s diamond frames that we all drool over because their vision was something no one did before. Then others spend hundreds on prefabbed custom bike parts but put them together in a way that's uniquely thiers. And there's no judgement on the huge variety of methods here, because at the end everyone just wants to see others make a cool bike.

The creativity and skill level here is immense, with zero attitude or judgement, and an added dash of showing off for flavor.

It's enough to make you get a little emotional. :bigsmile:

BINGO!!! You got it perfectly!!!

1590543540862.png

This reminds me of @LukeTheJoker grinding the tread off of tires to make slicks. :D
I did that around 1998 or so to have a set of tires to ride sandstone rock near Moab, UT. They were uber-fast and sticky on the off-camber, but wore out too quickly to hassle with again.

Latest posts

Back