Skinny Tire Cruiser Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to get a skinny tire cruiser build off going that will be done by Christmas. So kind of a long term goal.
Only rule I was thinking would be that it must have skinny tires! Let's get creative! Who's down??

Exactly. I'm thinking a Coaster brake should be a requirement too. We should get a few people to do this and have the deadline be Christmas?

I'm in! What is considered skinny though? Anything under 2.125?

Sweet! Well I have 2 wheelset that I'm trying to use. A 26x2.0 thick slick set, and a 700x50cc tire set

I have one pair of skinny type tires left. And a beehive springer coming. So, I'm in too!

CWC will represent!

It's your call. I'm ready to get started. I've got my brother's 58 J C Higgins to practice on.

nc1eop.jpg

I usually don't say anything about rattling up a bike,
But, tearing that Higgens down would be a shame!
That is a beautiful bike in great shape.

Carry on gentlemen.........

A truck driver friend of mine in ND found that bike for 5 bucks and gave it to me. I cleaned it up and waxed it down, it's in great shape, wheels straight and in excellent condition. I gave it to my brother about 5 or 6 years ago. It won't be hacked up, I've only got two bikes with original paint still good like this one. Someone borrowed the front tire and seat, so it's not 100% original anymore, but it won't be chopped up or paint stripped. The skinny tires make it possible to keep the fenders and everything. I'm starting a build thread on it, and will do a CWC for the skinny tire build off if it happens.

Latest posts

Back