BLACKBIRD (Skylark Convertible)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRM-71 Blackbird

TRM71blackbird.png

Kind of an art deco Batcycle.
That's funny because I thought 'Batman' also after I did this to the hubs!
IMG_1212.JPG

Now, that the fenders..
are fit properly..... Looking forward to seeing: the tank modified to fit this
frame ..properly.:cool::forum:
Not sure what you're seeing but I'm interested!

Sorry... :D
I figured you were:
Going to modify it
To fit that top bar more appropriate..
Never Mind me...
I'm just a fit , & finish profectionist.:happy:

PS. If interested:
Extending the rear of the tank to push it forward: would set front into a proper fit .:39:

Last edited:
Ah, I see what you're talking about now. I can appreciate your perfectionism!
The last photo that I posted did look pushed too far back. The tank is wider than the top tube so it can create an illusion at certain angles.
index.php

Here's another picture from the same time that shows it straight on from the side. It does actually favor the back side more than the front of the top tube, but not as dramatically as that first picture makes it look.
Side shot.jpg

Last edited:
Got some good news and bad news.
The good news is that I completed a critical part of the build this afternoon! The bad news is that it's a skunkworks project that won't be revealed for a couple more weeks.:bandit:

Just so you don't feel like I wasted your time with this non post here's a little thing that I got today from an estate sale that will go perfectly with the 1936 black wheel set! Small details like this are always fun.
IMG_1243.JPG

So that's what 'skunkworks' means. Never knew that. It's kind of a paradox, because you'd think that we would be able to 'sniff out' any kind of secret that had to do with skunks! :21:

Slathered on a generous coat of body filler on the switch pod and sanded most of it off. Still more smoothing to do but it's getting there.
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG

It's been raining almost all day so I couldn't prime it yet. My "paint booth" is outside behind the shop.:21:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back