Slave II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is where we start: A 2002 Mongoose Crossway 250 frame and fork. It was a trashpick find, just begging to be 'rodded. I took all these pictures after I started prepping for paint.
MXwt9wx.jpg

Look at that curvy frame!
UWDvaW0.jpg

"Cro-mo Seat Tube"? Oh boy! ha!
DTdDqt0.jpg

Suntour GT rear derailleur, Shimano FD-Z202 front derailleur, Suntour friction thumb shifters, Tektro Brakes and levers, Vuelta Corsa crankset, old BB and Headset that I had in the parts bin, XLC clone of Soma "Noah's Arc" bars.
D0bRRvM.jpg

Front wheel: Tiagra 4400 hub laced to Mavic Open Pro rim, Rear: Quando hub laced to Weinmann 519 rim [Thanks Oxyjansen]
hpO9w8b.jpg

Being a hybrid, I feel like it has the kind of versatility I look for in a bike: Big tire clearance, comfortable geometry, and mounts for racks and fenders. This invites crazy customization... You can turn them into cruisers, mountain bikes, road bikes, 'cross bikes, city bikes, and of course rat-rods!

My current plan is a Boba Fett's armor paint theme, tan, hunter green, brown, and a bit of yellow. Flat paints, I'll be using Krylon for this project [Tried some Rustoleum, but it was a bit too glossy for the look I want]. So "Slave II" is the working title... For those unaware, "Slave I" was the name of Boba Fett's ship from Star Wars.

Comfort , with many options , look forward to see what you build ![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised you didn't start the build a few days earlier.
May the Fourth Be With You.

Latest posts

Back