So I have this brilliant idea...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dice.jpg
Im sure its probably been thought of before, but it it literally just hit me as I was looking at picture of a bike called "devilwing". The name of the bike was below the photo of the bike in a cool, artistic font...same as they do in car mags...then it hit me. What would it take to turn RRB into a magazine? Not to get rid of the forum...nay nay I say...but as an extension OF it! As much as I dig the interaction of the forum, I also really enjoy turning pages of a classic car rag...something about the tangibility of it. I know it would take a lot of time and effort, but ya think it would be worth it? Theres a mag called "Dice". it showcases custom chops, lead sleds, pin-ups, art & music...pretty much the cool soft underbelly of the "kustom kulture" lifestyle. I think it would be super cool to kinda follow in that vein...again, there's the whole time and effort thing...thoughts?

Magazines are generally on the downturn; however, specialty mags have held their own. If I were going to publish one, I would go for broke with great, professional photographers, high-quality paper and make it more like a paperback coffee table book published 1-4 times per year maximum. That is what tends to sell these days, I have found. Make it akin to the Rolling Stone specials on artists over a lifetime.

There was a brief attempt at a cruiser bicycle magazine called "Kickstand." http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/kickstand-magazine.21726/
You can find a few references to it around the web still. I had one issue downloaded in a PDF file. I can't remember but they may have been something complementary for RRB members (1 free issue or something), or maybe it was for cruiser enthusiasts at large.

But I don't want to be discouraging because I do love thumbing thru magazines. Over and over

I'm sure back in the day we had a thread on this subject, not sure what the cost would be ?, but you can bet it would be popular and very collectable, as are many books are becoming more sought after now ... I could be wrong ?, I was wrong once before.
~Rafael ~

Expensive, laborious, and ultimately went digital after a handful of printings
Yep! Print media, man. :bigsmile:

If this was to happen I would say the best way to do it would be something similar to what Kevin B suggested.
A stand alone, premium issue, for like $20 to $50. Something to keep on your coffee table or bookshelf. Maybe a kickstarter to raise the funds before starting production. Stretch goals so the magazine gets better the more people sign on to buy one.

Well ,the guy that invented the paper clip made around $60.000 the first year , I'll bet folks got a laugh out of that ! :wink1:

Latest posts

Back