Some kind of muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just picked this up and haven't got a clue what it is.
785f7778ea3ce25ffd7840699c626c7d.jpg

7fc15f7dd185c95594c9264bbb9da937.jpg

The gal I got it from said her son had changed some parts when he had it. She said the front wheel and stem were replaced as were the tires but wasn't sure what else he may have changed. Also she said she couldn't remember what he did when he painted it but thinks the old paint is still under the black.

Its defiantly a bit newer than I'd like as it has factory welded on mounting tabs for the chain guard & brake arm but I have no clue when they started doing that.

I'll try to get some better pics up later and hope I can figure out what this thing is.

You could be right I just googled and it looks about right.
I had never seen those at walmarts here so that would have never crossed my mind.
I'll scratch at it later and see if I find purple.

Even if it is for $20 its got some cool parts.

I'd have to agree.
Now that I know they exist I wonder why I've never seen them before.
I make it a point to know when wally world gets stuff I may want when people go to hock it later but seems they didn't really have them here.
The gal I bought this from moved here from another state last year.

When were the bratz bikes in stores?
I vaguely remember there being a similar bike at toys r us that was a boys bike (wasn't purple) but can't remember what theme it had.

Well I scratched at the black paint in a couple spots and just found more black paint. I think I need to sand it a bit to see if I find color under the black spray bomb.
It probably is the bratz bike like you said but wanting to see if that purple is really there.

They are cool little bikes buy apparently not common in my city. Even the bike co-op had no clue what it was and 80% of bikes they get are kids bikes and of those most are 20" wheel bikes.

I'd agree with the Bratz. You can do a lot with them. What I don't like about them is the amount of spokes. Makes it look like a lowrider... which it essentially was/is. But with some part swaps you can make it look like a decent muscle bike. The upsetting part is when people try to throw some Schwinn stickers on them and sell them to unsuspecting, un-schooled people as Sting Rays. That's fraud.

Thanks guys I'm figuring if the frame looks good (no cracks etc) when I strip it its just going to get a makeover to look muscle bike. If I had a welder I'd probably hack and chop it & weld it into a new life.

Latest posts

Back