Some of my builds - First Post!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Just wanted to share some of my builds with you. I've got some projects in the works at the moment but here are a few that are done.

The Cruiser I call "The Rook" and my son calls his Lowrider "Bandit". I wanted my son to build what he wanted and this is what he came up with. Keeping with RatRod tradition I went with black red and white on both. I painted both bikes with Dupont Hot Hues Hot Rod Black. The cruiser is sitting on Bontrager white walls which fit the bill as far as tire pressure. I am a pretty big guy and if I don't have higher pressure tires then I'm rollin' on the rims! :lol: Hope you like them.

Poppa

26lowcruise002ei1.jpg

26lowcruise003fz6.jpg

26lowcruise005xs8.jpg

26lowcruise009dq9.jpg

20lowrider014xr7.jpg

20lowrider019yh0.jpg

20lowrider020ys0.jpg

NICE!.........Father -son bikes, COOL!

cman said:
The matching bikes is cool. Did you mask off the spokes to paint the rims or unlace/relace?

Thanks for the props! The rims came from Los Angeles. They were powder coated and then laced. Unfortunately, living here in Canada now, they had to go through a little thing called "Customs". So in order to keep the country safe they unpacked the rims to make sure they were weren't a national threat and then jammed them back into the box. They couldn't figure out how they were fit in the box before so the just drove the axles through the spokes on all of the wheels to make them fit in the box. So I had to replace a couple of spokes on each rim.

the 26" reminds me of a Schwinn build of mine.

schwinn2.jpg

note I used the front struts from an old springer fork I had for the banana seat instead of the sissy bar. gives you a cleaner look and more sitting room on the seat. welcome to the site!

leosbikes said:
the 26" reminds me of a Schwinn build of mine.

schwinn2.jpg

note I used the front struts from an old springer fork I had for the banana seat instead of the sissy bar. gives you a cleaner look and more sitting room on the seat. welcome to the site!

Hey that looks sharp! I like the idea of using the stabilizer bars!

Latest posts

Back