source for 178 mm 10ga spokes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a good search for these guys a couple of months back with no luck, anyone know some good suppliers for heavy GA spokes?

Thanks

Rich

Isn't it dumb that we use "mm" for spoke length, "ga." for spoke thickness, and of course these spokes are likely for a 26 "in." bike. :roll:

I lived in Italy in '84-'85 and finally got used to metric. I think if the US made the change to metric it would be bumpy for a short time but we'd get used to it. It would be even better if the rest of the world changed to S.A.E. :p After all, we invented about everything and it was invented in inches. 8) Gary

Gary 178mm translates to 7'' so its doubtful its for a 26'' bike. I like that we have
most of the world speaking english. I'm afraid if I made it to Italy , I wouldn't come
back here. I would be on a mountain somewhere . Envious that you got the experience
of living there. :mrgreen:

Thanks us. I did not see any 7-7 1/8" 11 ga spokes. I found some moped sites that will make 10 ga to any length for. 95 cents per. I only need 36 of them, so its not too out of budget.

The spokes are for a 15" car rim, it is being converted to a rear tire for a custom bike :p

More questions to follow.
:)
Rich

Yeah I was thinking these might work , but they are 1/2'' longer than what you need.
Even a cross 4 probably wouldn't take up a 1/2''
Base Price: $19.50
Code: 561-125
Shipping Weight: 2.00 pounds
Quantity in Basket: None
bicycle spokes, plated steel, 11-gauge x 7-5/8" long. Pack of 75 spokes with 1/2-inch or 5/8" nipples.
Made in Taiwan

Uncle Stretch said:
Gary 178mm translates to 7'' so its doubtful its for a 26'' bike. I like that we have
most of the world speaking english. I'm afraid if I made it to Italy , I wouldn't come
back here. I would be on a mountain somewhere . Envious that you got the experience
of living there. :mrgreen:

Italy was a trip. In some ways better than here, in others, far worse. I figure if I had stayed another month or two I wouldn't have come back. Was getting the language down pretty good and had several job offers teaching the Italians to speak English. Glad I came home though. Gary

Latest posts

Back